Organisation name: iProbono
Position: Program Analyst, South Asia
Term: 3-month full-time consultancy (renewable)
Location: Delhi, India
iProbono gives a voice to vulnerable and marginalised populations in India – enabling them to access justice, to participate in society and access basic services. Our vision is a just society that understands and values the voices of all, especially those on the margins. Our mission is to protect the most vulnerable and to secure equal access to justice and opportunity for all, not just those who can afford it.
We work towards social change in three ways:
- We strengthen the hand of civil society organisations advocating with and for the vulnerable and the marginalised through holistic legal support.
- We represent the poor and the vulnerable, in upholding their basic rights and expanding the ever-narrowing route to justice and equality of opportunity.
- We promote active citizenship and public support for the poor and disenfranchised by bridging the gap between community organisations and the private sector to highlight injustice, protect civil liberties, entrench human rights and end discrimination.
iProbono’s global outreach enables organisations to source assistance across jurisdictions. Our most active office is in India where we have built a culture of pro bono over the last 7 years. More details about our work can be found on our homepage (click here) and news section (click here)
We are looking for a Program Analyst to work closely with our South Asia Regional Director on iProbono’s South Asia Access to Justice program. This role is based out of our Delhi office and will provide end-to-end support on our work on access to justice in the wider South Asia region, including Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The position would suit a dynamic individual with excellent administrative skills and solid knowledge of the Indian legal system as well as one other South Asian jurisdiction.
The successful candidate will possess a legal qualification or work experience in a related field, at least 5+ years work experience in the non-profit sector or with a similar civil society organisation. They will support the South Asia Program Analysts and Regional Director to ensure smooth and effective running of the program on a day to day basis and take an active role in the wider activities of iProbono in India.
They should be highly organized, with excellent English language skills as well as being a results-driven team player. They need to be a self-starter and able to work independently where required but provide an essential support function to the Programs Managers.
- Work closely with South Asia Program Analysts (SAPA) to develop the access to justice program in the wider region
- Provide pro-active programmatic and administrative support to the South Asia Regional Director (SARD)
- Co-ordinate work plans of SAPAs under close guidance of SARD
- Keep up to date with news relating to South Asia program related verticals and disseminate as required
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of program goals
- Legal research (there will be opportunities to write for iProbono’s blog and other publications)
Skills and Experience
- A bachelors or Masters degree in social sciences or law
- 5+ years work experience in the non-profit or similar civil society organisation
- Excellent organizational, documentation and administrative skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Indian legal system and the legal system of one other South Asian jurisdiction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and one South Asian language
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, database management and internet skills
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a small team
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short cover letter on why you are suitable for the role.