Program Intern, iProbono India (New Delhi)
Organisation name: iProbono
Position: Program Intern
Location: Nizamuddin East, New Delhi
iProbono gives a voice to vulnerable and marginalised populations in India – enabling them to access justice, to participate in society and access basic services. Our vision is a just society that understands and values the voices of all, especially those on the margins. Our mission is to protect the most vulnerable and to secure equal access to justice and opportunity for all, not just those who can afford it.
We work towards social change in three ways:
- We strengthen the hand of civil society organisations advocating with and for the vulnerable and the marginalised through holistic legal support.
- We represent the poor and the vulnerable, in upholding their basic rights and expanding the ever-narrowing route to justice and equality of opportunity.
- We promote active citizenship and public support for the poor and disenfranchised by bridging the gap between community organisations and the private sector to highlight injustice, protect civil liberties, entrench human rights and end discrimination.
iProbono’s global outreach enables organisations to source assistance across jurisdictions. Our most active office is in India where we have built a culture of pro bono over the last 7 years. More details about our work can be found on our homepage and news section.
We are looking for an intern at our Delhi office who will work closely with our Programs Team to provide support and learn about our transactional and litigation projects.
The successful candidate will be currently enrolled in law school, have an interest in human rights law and an enthusiasm to be engaged on different types of projects. They should be organized, with excellent English language skills.
- Documentation (updating iProbono in-house data base, updating and creating case notes, updating litigation management notes and dates of hearings)
- Legal research (there will be opportunities to write for iProbono’s blog and other publications)
- Attend trial court and High court hearings
Skills and Experience
- Enrolled in bachelors or Masters degree in law
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Interest in working with a non-profit or in human rights law
- Proficiency with MS Office, database management and internet skills
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and a short cover letter.