Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Kshitiz, Delhi Institute of Rural Development, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, 3rd Year
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
Pardeep Khatri & Associates, Delhi High Court, New Delhi
Application Process with contact details
I have approached him directly in his chamber where sir himself accepted my request for internship.
Duration of Internship and timings
15th June, 2014 – 31st July, 2014
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
I was told by Pardeep Sir to directly come to the National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission on my first day of internship. I reached there at 9:30 a.m., in the mean time he gave me the case briefs which was listed for that particular day.
After attending that matter we went to Rohini district court where the other matters were listed. To be honest It was my time inside a court premises. I was lucky enough that i got opportunity to experience two different legal exposures on the very first day.
My main task is to undergo the case briefs which were listed for each significant day which in itself is a big task to accomplish. Along with it I was told to read latest judgement with the context of current issues.
I accompanied my senior to different District Courts of Delhi, respective Commissions and Delhi High Court.
I was asked to prepare a short brief of each and every case that I attend during the period of my internship. I was told by sir to draft notice under Negligible Instruments Act for one of his client.
I also got the opportunity to draft Divorce petition. This eventually helps me to attain the core knowledge and importance of legal drafting.
Work environment and people
The work environment was excellent. Pardeep sir makes me learn very complex problems in a easier way out. After the proceedings he keeps a check whether my doubts were cleared or not.
When he have time he also conduct an interactive session in which I can learn new things easily. The type of environment he maintains in the chamber is apt for working.
There were three other advocates in the chamber and they were also very easy-going and cooperative.
1. This internship makes me learn to what it really takes to be an Advocate.
2. Best place for the one who actually wants to learn from the core.
3. Interaction with fellow interns as isn’t it good enough to talk about your goals and interests with the same age group.
4. Lots of good places to eat – so one can actually eat well and work really well.
5. From the senior most person to the lower one, everyone is good and helpful
In District Courts on someday one can’t assure how much time even a single matter can take.
- One can never learn law without deeply understanding it.
2. Law as profession is very dynamic and interesting in its nature, we learn everyday a new concept/experience.
3. Internships are the best part of a student life to grow as a better professional.
4. Grab each and every opportunity which comes to your way while planning for your future.
5. Take steps cum initiatives for a better you.
Any Other Thing
Law as profession is very dynamic and interesting in its nature, we learn everyday a new concept/experience – Pardeep sir have told me this and now I am actually getting that experience in my life.
I belong to Delhi only.
9:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Usually Satudays are off.