Institute of Legislative Drafting and Research, Legislative Department in the Ministry of Law and Justice offers VOLUNTARY INTERNSHIP SCHEME FOR LAW STUDENTS pursuing their 4th and 5th year Five Year integrated bachelor degree in law or pursuing final Year of the 3-year bachelor degree in Law from recognised law colleges in the country.
The purpose of the Scheme is to motivate students in creating interest in legislative drafting as a profession.
After the completion of the internship, it is expected that the interns would go out of the Legislative Department with deeper understanding of its functioning.
Some of the highlights of the internship are:
- The internship will be open throughout the year.
- Duration of the internship shall be between four to six weeks.
- Application form shall be accompanied by a brief note not exceeding 250 words indicating applicant’s interest in legislative drafting.
- No remuneration, allowance or expense shall be payable by ILDR under the Scheme and no employment liability shall be undertaken by it.
- Maximum number of interns selected shall be five at any point of time.
- Interns shall be available in the Legislative Department during the working hours and shall be required to sign the daily attendance register.
- A certificate of internship shall be issued by ILDR to the intern only on successful completion of the internship.
- Application must have a letter of recommendation from the dean/head of department of the institution.
The application form is available in the Official Notification Document here.
The duly filled form should be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to: Branch Officer, ILDR, 416 ‘D’ Wing, Legislative Department, Ministry of Law and Justice, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110 001.