About Kalinga Kusum Foundation:
Kalinga Kusum Foundation is a non-profit initiative that addresses the challenges tied to education and legal empowerment in communities in the state of Odisha.
Its goal is socio-economic and legal empowerment of those living on the edges of the society, with a special focus on children, youth, women and tribal.
The Foundation envisions spreading legal awareness among all the communities of Odisha, specifically in the tribal and rural areas, and empowering them by facilitating them with legal knowledge and legal aid.
Further, it aims at building the legal and institutional capabilities of the marginal and disadvantaged sections of the society to be a part of recognized formal legal system, and to get benefit from it to improve their existence and living.
About the Internship:
The selected intern(s) will largely work on the following during their internship period:
1. Ongoing and Future Projects related to women and child development.
2. Policy Research, writing and advocacy.
3. Advocacy of Human Rights and the opportunity to partner and work with other organizations, Government Bodies & political representatives.
Number of Internships available: 2-3
Certificate and a letter of recommendation.
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
- Are available for full time/running internship.
- Can do the internship for at least a month.
- Have/ are pursuing UG/PG degrees in Law & similar, MBA and similar, Humanities (B.A./M.A. & similar), Journalism, Mass Comm & similar.
- Are, at least, currently in the second year of study or, are recent graduates.
1. Basic skill(s) required: MS-Office, data analysis and sound writing skills.
Last date: 15th May, 2017
Applications, along with the CV, can be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org