Counsel to Secure Justice is a non-governmental organization that works to empower child victims of sexual assault.
We are currently looking for full-time interns. We prefer legal interns who can work for more than a month. We hire every month. This is an unpaid legal internship.
- Second-year law student or above
- available to work full-time, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- punctual, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- fluent in Hindi and English
- ability to adapt to the changing environment of a new and growing organization
- commitment to meeting deadlines and achieving results under pressure
- experience working with gender violence issues
- experience with litigation
- able to work for a month or longer
The legal intern will work with the legal and research team for the following projects:
Research on delayed justice in POCSO cases. The legal intern would conduct comprehensive legal research on the issue chosen for the research study. Students would research statutory and case law on adjournments and trial delays in order to define the legal framework for the issue.
Research on child rape judgments in trial courts, 2011-2016. The legal intern would catalog information after reading judgments on child rape from the Delhi district court website for 2011-2016 cases.
Weekly updates on new case law relevant to child sexual abuse cases. The legal intern would identify relevant case laws related to cases of violence on women and children from law journals and summarize them.
Attend court hearings. The legal intern would attend non-critical hearings, file inspection, apply for certified copies and copies of documents, assist in preparing case updates and prepare case law research for arguments if necessary.
Duration of Internship
One-month internship initially and can be extended after mutually being agreed upon.
Applicants should email their CV and cover letter on how their experiences will fit within Counsel to Secure Justice’s mission to email@example.com before 31 January 2017.
More information can be found here: