Consumers India Invites applications for Summer Batch of Internship Programme.
10th May, 2016 to 6th June, 2016
Eligibility: Students pursuing undergraduate or graduate programme in any discipline from recognised institutions in India
Last date of application: May 1
Period of Internship: May 10-June 6
About Consumers India
Consumers India is an intellectually strong organization comprising senior officers of Government of India (generally retired), doctors, engineers, academics and others, who have joined hands to use their knowledge and experience for the well being of consumers.
The organization was registered on 18.05.2007 under Societies Registration Act, 1860. It is also registered under Sections 12A read with section 12AA and 80 G (5) (vi) of Income Tax Act, 1961.
Consumers India has taken up several important campaigns with a view to safeguard interests of large number of consumers.
Some of them relate to ‘Unethical Medical Practices’, ‘Misleading Ads’, ‘Ageing with Dignity’, ‘Access to Affordable Medicines’, ‘Right to Information’, ‘Justice for all…Just Now’, ‘I am a city changer’, ‘Junk the junk food’ etc.
Catalyzing the energy of youth through Internship Programme and All-India Painting/Slogan/On-line Photography Contests etc has been a major milestone achieved by Consumers India.
Those interested in joining this programme may note the above schedule and email their application in prescribed format, which is given below at the earliest, well within the prescribed deadline, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Those who had sent their application for internship earlier are required to apply afresh for enrolment in this batch.
Guidelines for Internship with Consumers India
- Students pursuing undergraduate or graduate programme in any discipline from recognised institutions in India, having interest in consumer issues, are eligible for internship.
- Interested candidates are required to fill up prescribed form with complete and correct details. They are also required to give reference of at least one faculty member from their institution.
- Their suitability for internship with Consumers India will be adjudged on the basis of their application. They will be inducted into internship if found suitable.
- Internship Location is New Delhi.
- There are no registration charges. It is totally free.
- No stipend is paid to interns by Consumers India. Similarly no reimbursement of expenditure incurred on travel etc is made by Consumers India.
- Consumers India is not responsible for any arrangements for stay etc for outstation candidates.
- Induction Programme of half a day duration will be organised at the start of the Internship Batch. After the induction process is over, the intern will be assigned a project/study to be completed by a group of 3-4 interns during the period of internship. The subject of this project/study would be decided in consultation with the intern and will be commensurate with her/his age, education and area of interest.It is mandatory to participate in Induction Programme.
- The progress of the assignment would be monitored on weekly basis. The interns residing in NCR would be expected to come for face-to face interaction with mentors at least once a week. Outstation candidates may be permitted, on request, to pursue their internship with the help of on-line assistance provided by mentors.
- Interns would be expected to follow the time schedule assigned for each activity and submit their Study Report, duly approved by Mentor well in time. They will also submit Completion and Evaluation Report in prescribed format.
- In addition to above, Interns would be expected to take up some individual activities and voluntary assignments given by Consumers India and raise awareness regarding concerns and activities of Consumers India as per guidelines provided from time to time.
- After successful completion of assignment, Internship Certificate will be given to the Intern by Consumers India.
- After evaluation by experts of Consumers India, the findings emanating from such studies may be shared with the concerned authorities in State Governments, Government of India or other Institutions/Organizations. In all such communications, full credit is given to the contribution made by interns.