The Centre for Justice is a unit of the India Institute, an international award-winning not-for-profit, independent policy research and advocacy organisation. The Centre’s mission is to:
- secure individual liberty from excessive government regulation;
- promote rule of law; and
- promote competition
The Centre is currently accepting applications for the position of “Research Intern-Legal” on a rolling basis.
Our interns work on live projects that give enormous exposure to domain knowledge, research techniques and working in a professional setup.
The Centre is working on its “Right to Safety” project.
The project seeks to examine India’s preparedness to defend the right of its children and women against sexual exploitation by reviewing and analyzing legislations; procedures and processes of investigation and prosecution; approach of the judiciary in sexual assault cases; and the role of socio-economic factors.
The study will also recommend policy measures based on the findings.
Work Hours: 9:30 am – 6:00 pm (Full time)
Eligibility: Students who have completed their Master’s degree in the field of law or are pursuing the same.
Minimum period of internship: Two (02) months.
Required Skills: (Non- Domain)
- Exceptional English verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Highly organized, attention to detail, results oriented
- Good quantitative skills with an ability to analyse and represent data accurately
- Robust methodical and energetic approach to challenging tasks
- Well versed with MS Office and Internet- enabled professional applications
Place of Work: The selected intern(s) will work from our office in Saket, New Delhi.
Interested candidates may email their resume with a cover letter and writing sample/s to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Application – Research Intern – Legal” in the subject line.
The last date to apply is February 25.
For further information, please visit India Institute’s official website at www.indiai.org