Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Udayan Sanyal, Hidayatullah National Law University, 2nd year, [email protected]
Name of Organisation, Location, Team Strength
National Legal Services Authority
One has to send his CV along with a cover letter to Nalsa atleast 3 months before he wants to intern.
One should also call frequently at the Nalsa office to get details about application status.
Duration of internship and timings
21 days. The timings are from 10 am to 5 pm (max).
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
We were taken into a conference hall and told what we will have to do. There was no work.
- Studied petitions and suggested solutions.
- Did research on various public welfare legislations.
- Worked under Hon’able District Judge, Patiala House Court.
- Visited family court and Mediation centre , Tis Hazari Court
- Observed proceedings in Juvenile Justice Board and Child Welfare Committee
Work environment and people
We had to do a lot of traveling.
The judges and officials we met were very helpful.
The co-interns were also very helpful.
It gave me a lot of experience which I could not have learnt in any other internship.
Traveling across Delhi in summer.
The experience of observing unique types of proceedings.