Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Vishnu T Menon
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, New Delhi
I applied through a personal contact.
Duration of internship and timings
22nd December, 2014 – 27th January, 2015
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
Office of MyGov is housed Electronics Niketan which is quite a swanky building by usual government office standards. I was assigned work under PWC Consultants who were handling the project.
They were highly skilled and professional which enabled me to acquire first hand knowledge of how it feels to work with a highly motivated team. First day formalities consisted of making an entry pass and a library pass.
Being the sole legal intern helped a lot as I was handed down all the legal work which included lot of research and drafting. Some of the important drafting works which I undertook were-
1. Assisted in drafting contract between MyGov and advertising agency
2. Drafted ‘Terms and Conditions’ agreement for MyGOV website.
3. Drafted ‘Terms and Conditions’ for MyGov mobile application
4. Assisted in drafting ‘Non Disclosure Agreement’
5. Assisted in analyzing feasibility of employing offshore data analytics tool
6. Advised on the steps required for copyrighting of MyGov logo.
Work environment and people
The work environment was simply amazing. The team of PWC consultants I worked under were very friendly and accommodating and they ensured that I never felt left out. Every consultant used to assign different work to me which helped in acquiring knowledge of wide range of legal functions.
The office culture and associates. The feeling of importance which comes with interning in a Central Ministry. Being handed down all the legal work helped me learn a lot.
None that I can think of.
Learnt how to work in synergy with a team of highly motivated professionals.