Lawyers Collective is a leading public interest service provider in India, with a track record of setting the highest standards in human rights advocacy, legal aid and litigation. Established in 1981 as an association of lawyers and law students pledging to provide legal aid to the poor, today Lawyers Collective is an independent NGO focusing on strategic human rights litigation and advocacy in HIV/AIDS and women’s rights.
Within these two themes, the Collective runs programmes on access to medicines, drug policy, LGBT rights, sexual and reproductive rights, violence against women, and the rights of marginalised groups such as people who use drugs and sex workers.
- Collaborating with civil society organizations, NGOS and law firms on projects.
- Drafting press notes and online campaigning.
- Content writing for magazines and newsletters.
- Assisting in conducting interviews, writing articles on topical legal issues.
- Reporting news of public interest.
- Plan events and be a part of campaign planning.
- Research on Human rights campaigns and movements.
- Assist in the curation of the magazine.
A degree in or a final year student of mass communications and journalism preferred with an interest in human rights, democratic spaces, law, society and justice issues.
Nizamuddin West, New Delhi.
2 months. Internship to be reviewed in a month.
Basic travel allowance.
20th December 2016
Write to us, with your CV on email@example.com