Kamath & Kamath is a full time service law firm based in Bengaluru.
What to Expect
At Kamath & Kamath we do wide ranging work from transactional work to litigation and arbitration. We also deal with International Air and Space Law projects.
During your internship, you should expect to:
1. Work on some exciting projects on Public International Law, International Air and Space Law, that is currently being undertaken at Kamath & Kamath;
2. Undertake research work for the Associates and the Partners, including drafting of legal notes, Petitions, Complaints and other Applications;
3. Attend proceedings before the Trial Courts, High Court and various statutory Tribunals;
4. Take part in the lectures/talks organised for the Associates of the Law firm;
5. Accompany the Associates/Partners in the client meetings;
6. Undertake certain filing work, including under the Right to Information Act;
7. If your work is exceptional, then at the instance of the Partners’ recommendation, you may get a chance to travel outside Bengaluru on office work and/or get a placement for long term association with K&K.
At Kamath & Kamath, we make work a fun place and consider interns as an integral part of the Law firm, because of which you will also be able to take part in lunch/coffee outings and all the celebrations at the law firm be it for festivals, work feat or staff birthdays, apart from your work routine.
10 AM to 6.30 PM from Monday to Friday and 10 AM to 2 PM on Saturdays. However, this is subject to change based on work.
Those who are pursuing their 5 year integrated LLB course should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
(a) A short write up of not more than 300 words about the reason for interning at Kamath & Kamath
(b) A CV of not more than 2 pages
(c) In the subject of the email state the preferable dates of internship
We take interns on a rolling basis and therefore accept interns through out the year, subject to available vacancy.
Once we receive your Application, we will try to reply within 2-3 weeks about the status of your internship.
Although there is no restriction on who can apply for an internship, it is preferable that students from 3rd year and beyond (of the 5 year LLB course) apply for an internship.