Name, College and Year
Anonymous, 5th year, New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
I applied by sending my CV to email@example.com. A few follow-ups are required to get internship. And of course, please apply two-three months in advance.
Duration of internship and timings
6 weeks. From May 5, 2017 till June 14, 2017.
Timings were from 9:30 A.M. till 6:30 A.M. Saturday and Sunday were off
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
On the first day I reached office and was assigned a desk to work at. I reached 15 minutes prior to the official timings. All the associates came around 9:40 to 9:50. I greeted them and introduced myself.
No work was assigned to me on the first day. Although I was eagerly waiting for work from the associates (good to expect). No mentor was assigned.
The work environment is very relaxed and the partners/seniors at Jupiter Law Partners were very encouraging and they made sure that the work assigned has been well explained to us. The guidance and the amount of knowledge the partners possesses is commendable. We were free to approach the partners (after senior associates’ permission) to ask for work.
I was part of the Corporate team. Apart from the corporate team, the firm had Trademark and Patent team as well. Although I did some work related to Intellectual Property rights as well.
I was assigned a variety of work which is as follows:
- Assisted in making a Presentation on private participation in Indian highways (public private partnership);
- Worked extensively on the Land Acquisition and Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act 2013, Information technology Act, 2000, Foreign Exchange Management Act, 2000 and various regulations under FEMA, 2000, Payment and Settlements Act, 2007, Companies Act, 2013;
- Prepared a note and conducted research on Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 and Start up India Scheme;
- Prepared Search opinion for client’s proposed trademark;
- Drafted a response to the queries pertaining to Enterprise Promotion Policy 2015, Haryana;
- Drafted a Distributorship agreement;
- Mapped term sheets/ letter of intent against loan agreements; and
- Researched on multi jurisdictional ecommerce agreements for an Indian client.
I also visited Client’s office for an agreement negotiation. Although I was just the observer but the exposure and the learning was immense.
The timings were very flexible and sometimes I reached office at 10 A.M. The interns were introduced to the partners and were given work directly by them was a great learning opportunity.
If you are overstaying, then YES you do get dinner (only if you are staying beyond 8). But overstaying was not encouraged by the partners (especially for girls) since the office is next to Sahara Mall (MG Road) and it gets unsafe in that area.
The work environment overall is very good. This internship is a good learning experience.
The only bad thing is that the carpet needs to be changes because of which there is a smell in the office (dont take me seriously it is just a suggestion).
Monthly stipend of 5,000.