Foundation for Democratic Reforms, one of India’s leading think-tanks and research-resource center for formulating and promoting fundamental reforms in political, electoral and governance spheres and in critical areas of state policy.
The organisation focuses exclusively on applied research. As an intern, you will be involved in research and analysis, documentation and any other activity that advances the goals of FDR / Loksatta. Interns are expected to work across teams and deliver results within specified time-frames.
- High level research and analytical capability
- Good understanding of politics (AP/India)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and/or Telugu)
- Ability to take initiative, to work both independently and as a member of a team, and to lead projects
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects within a given time
Positions are based in Hyderabad
Master’s degree in Social Sciences is preferred. Candidates with social sciences or law background are encouraged to apply. However, we equally welcome motivated individuals with strong fundamentals in policy issues to apply for the role irrespective of their graduating discipline.
Email your CV, Statement of Purpose and a presentation/write up- 10 slides or 600 words max) on any of the public policy topics listed at the end of this document and email on to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Purpose should address broadly the following questions in around 600 words:
- Why do you want to join FDR?
- How do you think you can contribute in realizing Lok Satta’s reform agenda?
Note: Apply on or before 30 November 2017
Click here to visit the official website.