Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
Chambers of Advocate Salman Khurshid, New Delhi
Application Process with contact details
Apply to the chambers of Mr. Khurshid at the email id email@example.com
The associate in charge of the interns was Ms. Sakshi Kotiyal.
Duration of internship and timings
May – June
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
1. First day, we are supposed to report to Ms. Kotiyal who assigns us to work under one of the several associates working with Mr. Khurshid.
2. Everyone is really friendly, the staff and the associates too. There is a library where several books may be found.
3. A coffee and tea machine is available to have coffee whenever one wishes
4. All the interns sit at a huge table and work together if they aren’t at court.
1. Mostly research work which the associates give you. If the court is in session, you must get your pass made and attend court hearings.
2. During the time when there is little or no work, one is encouraged to work on something personal, like a paper or something.
3. Interns are also expected to write 1000 word article on a particular political issue without any bias.
Work environment and people
The work environment is good and the associates and the staff extremely nice and friendly. In fact, I am still in touch with the staff and associates. They are all nice and friendly people. However, the same cannot be said to be true about the interns.
If you have good luck, the pool of interns could be good. If you have my luck, barring four-five people, the interns sucked.
1. Nice friendly associates to work with, who used to grill you over the work they gave and made sure you learn something.
2. Lunch everyday with Mr. Khurshid where he used to discuss daily political affairs, court issues and other such things with everyone.
3. Mr. Khurshid cares a lot about the interns as he makes sure that all the interns eat with him and get lunch and do not have to spend money to eat outside. Everyone eats together at the table, and it is a lot of fun.
4. The stipend.
The only bad thing was the quality of interns during the time I was there. I believe that one gets to learn from their colleagues as much as they learn from seniors and mentors and it was in this department that this internship severely lacked.
The quality of students interning was bad and it was really annoying to listen to the brash claims of guys as to how many girls they had dated or the colour of the lipstick someone was wearing- especially when I was trying hard to write a paper on International law with my co intern due to the fact that work was less during that time.
Rs. 10,000/- per month
Know the subjects which you claim you have studied. Mr. Khurshid meets all the interns at the end of their internships and he will talk to you as you’re an adult.
Going in front of him without the knowledge of what you have done in the internship makes you look really stupid.
This is practical advice. Don’t want to share philosophical blabber here.
Any Other Thing
Stayed with my grandparents, but a lot of other interns stayed at the PGs located nearby which is very well connected with the metro.
Office is extremely near to Bengali Market and a kilometre away from Connaught Place. Extremely well connected with the metro- falls on the blue line. Nearest metro station is Mandi House.
10-6. However, these are extremely flexible timings. However, one is always supposed to mark their attendance on the bio metric system, and failure to do so results in not getting your attendance marked and it shows that you haven’t reported to the office.