Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Brijesh S. Nittekar
K.C. Law College, LL.B Completed.
Name of the organisation, Location (city), Team strength
Astute Law, Bldg No. 105, Office No. 12, 1st Floor, Mumbai Samachar Marg, Apollo Street, Opp. Bharat House, Fort, Mumbai-400001.
Application process with contact details
Send a Covering Mail with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
10th June, 2015 to 15th February, 2016.
First impression, First day formalities, Infrastructure
The firm is in Fort, Mumbai and is conveniently located near BSE making it easily accessible from Churchgate as well as CST Railway Station. Its proximity to High Court, City Civil Court and Sessions Court makes the location of the firm obviously a bonus.
The office timing is from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm. Working days Monday to Saturday. However you have to stay back in case your Senior requires your assistance.
Note: 2nd and 4th Saturday is a holiday.
I worked/researched on following assignments:
1. Drafted applications to collect Certified True Copies from Court.
2. Drafted Plaints, Written Statements and Notices.
3. Drafted Arbitration Petition concerned to Appointment of an Arbitrator.
4. Worked on Industrial Dispute cases concerned to Gratuity of Employees.
5. Worked on Consumer Protection cases concerned to Refund Policy.
6. Researched on partnership agreements, representative agreements, marketing responsibilities, confidentiality clauses, general provisions and so on.
Work environment, people
The atmosphere in firm is relaxed but work oriented. In case of any difficulty one can directly approach Seniors for help to solve queries. Initially my scope of work was limited to assisting Partners, Senior Associates and Associates with Litigation and Non-Litigation work.
But over a period of time I started getting assignments where I was working independently. I visited courts practically every day, most of the time accompanying Seniors and sometimes to collect some documents as per instructions.
Apart from getting substantial legal work. I also got opportunities to attend many Business Events and Seminars.
1. Make good of the resources you have.
2. One should master the art of delivery of legal solutions for his clients.
3. Have a business sense.
4. Enhance your potential to the best of your capacity.
Any Other Thing
The Founding Partner of the firm Ms. Pooja Dutta is a powerhouse when it comes to Intellectual Property, Corporate and Commercial Law matters. It was a great learning experience working for Astute Law.