Name, College, Year of Study
Shiv Rohan Singh, 4th Year, Jindal Global Law School.
Name of the Organisation, Location, City
C.V. Law Chambers, 11-5-397/1, Red Hills, Lakdikapul, Hyderabad, Telangana 500004.
An added advantage is that the Chambers are located very near to the Metropolitan Sessions Court and it takes a 20-minute drive to reach the High Court.
You can directly send in your internship application to Vikram Sir’s email ID with the request of your preferred period of internship. Email ID: email@example.com
I had interned here from December 11th, 2017 to December 30th 2017.
I am from Hyderabad so accommodation was not a concern. However, one can easily find accommodation in Hyderabad, at a reasonable rent. The city’s transport system including the bus service and the metro is well connected, convenient and affordable.
I was asked to report at 8 a.m. to the office. I reached the Chambers at 8:10 a.m. and was surprised to see all the associates who had already reported, and were working on their case files. One of the associates, after asking a few details asked me to sit in the hall.
The office space is significant and extends to two adjacent flats, essentially covering the whole floor. There are two wall shelves dedicated to reference books, bare acts and case files. There are around 12 – 15 associates.
On the first day itself, right at 9 a.m., I was taken to the High Court along with the other interns. I was informed that Vikram Sir, who had just returned from Delhi after a case in the Supreme Court, would meet me after this court visit. In the Court, we were given a schedule of cases and the court nos. in which they were scheduled. We were expected to visit these courts and take note of the case proceedings.
After we came back from the Court, Vikram Sir met me in his chambers. After a discussion about my background and internship experiences, I was allotted a substantial amount of research work on topics inclusive of Partnership Act, Companies Act, Arbitration and Conciliation Act, and Contracts Act. I was expected to submit a research note within 3 days and present the same.
- This was one of the most valuable internships opportunity which I got to experience. Apart from extensively researching on unexplored areas of Companies Act, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code and Arbitration and Conciliation Act, I was made to analyze how these provisions worked out in practicality.
- Vikram Sir’s Chambers are known for pushing one’s limits. An intern will be assigned substantial amounts of work on a daily basis, and as much as it looks impossible to finish the allotted work within the time limit, towards the end of the day one is often surprised by the amount of work he/she has finished. This is the atmosphere of the office.
- One of the best things about this internship is Vikram Sir’s Team. The associates are very friendly, approachable and kind. I have done three litigation internships before and I have never experienced such inclusiveness of interns. You can approach any associate with any doubt or clarification, irrespective of its triviality, and I can assure you that it will be cleared with personal interest. At the end of each task, Vikram Sir personally scrutinizes the work done and discusses the same with the intern by which he/she can improve in that particular aspect.
- In a span of a little over two weeks, I got the opportunity to visit the Metropolitan Sessions Court, National Company Law Tribunal and the High Court (a number of times). The interns are expected to make detailed notes of the proceedings which are then reviewed by Vikram Sir. Also, the interns are provided with case files of a proceeding which is likely to happen the following day so that he/she is well versed in the circumstances of the case.
- A very motivated office atmosphere.
- Very friendly, approachable and kind associates.
- A number of visits to the High Court, National Company Law Tribunal and Sessions Court.
- Inclusivity of interns and treating them as a part of the office team.
- Review of each and every allotted work by Vikram Sir personally and receiving valuable suggestions to improve.
- There are a lot of food joints in the vicinity. Cafe Niloufer is 20 steps away from the office and it provides the famous Irani Chai in case anyone needs a refreshing break.
- Nothing really. The office timings might get a bit tiresome. Saturdays are working (Sundays too, provided an intern hasn’t finished the work allotted by Saturday). However, I assure you that you will start enjoying this process because of the quality of work provided.
The stipend will depend on the intern’s performance. Nevertheless, Vikram Sir is generous when it comes to rewarding the interns proportional to the contribution made by him/her to the chambers.
I would recommend this internship to any student who is looking for a wholesome litigation experience. The whole team works in a familial spirit and they will make sure that you are a part of this family. If I were to describe the spirit of this office, a quote which I had found on one of the doors of the office perfectly sums it up:
“Start early, stay long and work hard. Realize the difference between ‘Activity’ and ‘Productivity’.”
For any further information, you can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org