Hosted by Indian Law Society (ILS) along with Taxsutra
17 days course starting from February 13, 2017 (Monday) at the ILS Law College campus, Pune.
Relevant for CAs, law students, Lawyers & Industry professionals.
After a buoyant response for the first course launched in August 2016, we would be delighted to have you attend the comprehensive course on International Taxation. The diploma covers important aspects of international tax law, treaty interpretation and case studies followed by a short examination.
- Introduction of the basic concept of taxation – (Residence vs. source basis of taxation)
- Detailed explanation on Indian Income Tax Law’s approach on international taxation
- Double taxation and measures to avoid double taxation
- In depth discussion on the objectives, process of treaty negotiation and interpretation of Double tax avoidance agreements
- Learn to interpret and read Model convention for avoidance of double taxation – OECD, UN and US and Indian tax treaties
- Analysis of clauses of model tax convention and Indian tax treaties – viz. residence, Permanent Establishment, Capital gains, Interest, Royalties and fees for technical services, Dependent Personal services and Independent Personal services, Other Income, Tax credits and non-discrimination
- Overview of issues relating to e-commerce transactions and withholding tax issues
- Landmark Indian jurisprudence on international taxation
- Introduction to Indian transfer pricing
- Introduction to BEPS
Timing & Reference Material
The diploma lectures will be conducted on weekdays from 530 pm to 730 pm and additional lectures will be hosted on Saturday afternoon. A LexisNexis publication on International Taxation is provided as a reference book to student as study material.
ILS Law College, Pune: 411004
Students and professionals for the following courses:
- A.LL.B./B.S.L. (Any college)
- B. (Any college)
- M. (Any college)
- CA, CS, Advocate, Analyst
Criteria for Certification:
Certification shall be issued to the student, who has:
- Attended 80% of the lectures;
- Attended and passed assessment on required parameters.
- 60% correct answers in MCQ test.
- 34 hours of learning over 16 days
- 15 weekdays -2 hours & 1 Saturday – 4 hours Self study
- Case studies
- Reference book & presentations Assessment
- Multiple choice questions
Few of the eminent faculties for the course conducted in 2016:
- Mr Subhas Kulkarni (Senior IRS officer and Department Representative at ITAT)
- Mr Nitin Deshmukh (Head of Tax – Eaton Corporation)
- Mr Kishor Phadke (Senior Chartered Accountant)
- Mr M S Vasan (Former Tax Head – GM India , Managing Partner, MSV LEGAL, Attorneys)
- Mr Pramod Joshi (Partner, Deloitte India)
- Mr Amit B Jain (Partner, Ernst & Young LLP)
- Mr Mahesh Mandlecha (Partner, KPMG)
Current Year ILS Student: Rs. 15000 and Others: Rs. 17000
- Register your names to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Enrollment for the Diploma Course in Corporate International Taxation”
- After Registration, Course ID shall be allotted to candidate and only by that seat no. the fees is payable.
- Only 40 seats available for the course.
- Registration fee is inclusive of study material.
Payment Details: Payment can be made online. Please use this link for payment.
Step I: Select category – ‘Diploma Course in Corporate International Taxation’. New page will open, enter the Course ID (Take care that CORRECT details are filled)
Step II: Click on Submit. New page opens, verify your details. This is the last opportunity to make changes or modify the details. Click Confirm only when verified carefully
Step III: Payment window opens – with Payment modes – State Bank of India Internet Banking, Other Bank’s Internet Banking, Debit/Credit Cards. Select any one mode and fill in the required details according to the nature of transaction.
- Details will be posted form time to time at: http://www.ilslaw.edu/
- Faculty Coordinator: Mrs. Smita Sabne: email@example.com
- Student Coordinator: Saranya Mishra: +91 7506228224