The second edition of INTERCESSIONIS-ILSCA PACT Community Mediation Competition has announced its arrival. This is the only Community Mediation competition in the country providing the participants with an opportunity to test their core mediation skills and experience model community mediation sessions through rounds of competitive simulations.
This competition will witness 16 teams from across the country pitch their skills to tackle tactfully-drafted competition problems. The tournament aims to highlight the role of the mediator, the disputing party and the counsel in a community mediation session.
The competition shall be based on the theme “Community based Mediation”.
Rules of the Competition:
The rules of the competition can be found on this link.
- General Information of problems for the Preliminary rounds will be announced online on the official website of ILS Law College (click here) and Facebook page (click here) by November 20, 2018.
- General Information for problems of the quarters, semis and finals will be published online by December 7, 2018.
- Please note that Clarifications can be sought only by the teams short listed for the Competition.
The teams can register on the Google form link given here.
The link shall be active from 3 PM on 15th October, 2018.
The Registration link shall expire at 11:59 PM on 15th November, 2018.
Criteria of Selection of Teams:
- It is the discretion of the organizing committee to decide which teams are eligible to participate in the competition upon review of the experience, skills and interest of the entire team and their respective college in ADR activities. However, the exercise of the discretion shall not be arbitrary and unjustified instead it shall be exercised only upon the review of the information submitted by the team during registration through the Google form.
- The application period for participating teams will be from 3.00 pm on 15th October, 2017 to 11.59 pm on 15th November, 2018.
- The final list of participating teams will be announced on 20th November, 2018 on the College Website, Facebook page, and through email to the selected teams.
Upon acceptance of the team by the organizing committee, the team must pay the full registration fees which is ₹5000/- plus 18% GST per team within the time limit as indicated by the organizing committee.
There will be no refund of the registration fee in any circumstances, unless the competition is called off by the organizing committee for reasons that will be provided during such an event.
Please Note: The fees is not inclusive of the accommodation and the same shall not be provided by the college either.
- Activation of Google Form for Registration: October 15, 2018
- Release of the Preliminary Round Problems (General Information): November 20, 2018
- Release of the Quarterfinals, Semi-finals & Final Round Problems (General Information): By December 7, 2018
- Last Date for Registrations: November 15, 2018
- Release of the Final List of Participating Teams in the Competition: November 20, 2018
- Last Day for seeking Clarifications: December 23, 2018
- Release of Clarifications: December 30, 2018.
Awards and Prizes
The Organizing Committee shall acknowledge the participation of all the teams, team members, coaches and assessors at the competition with appropriate tokens of appreciation. Certificates shall be provided to all those who have registered with the Organizing Committee.
The top awards are:
- Winner of the ‘Top Mediator at INTERCESSIONIS’
- Runners-up of the ‘Top Mediator at INTERCESSIONIS’
- Winner of the ‘Top Negotiating Team at INTERCESSIONIS’
- Runners-up of the ‘Top Negotiating Team at INTERCESSIONIS’
- Best Opening Statement (Mediator)
- Best Opening Statement (Client)
- Best Mediation Advocacy Skills (Counsel)
- Best Team Work – Negotiation (Client & Counsel in Preliminary Rounds)
- Best Team Work – Mediation (Co-Mediators in Preliminary Rounds)
- Best Acknowledgement of Emotionally / Culturally Sensitive Moment (Preliminary Rounds)
- Best Interaction with Mediator (Client or Counsel in Preliminary Rounds)
Each participating university shall get a maximum of one special award.
Many more incentives and exciting rewards for the deserving await and shall be unraveled soon!
- Mrs. Sathya Narayan
- Ms. Anwita Dinkar
Email ID: email@example.com
- Silvan Jasper, Ph: 9959597467
- Tannujae Tridib, Ph: 9702043162
In case of any queries or procurement of information, drop an email at our official email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow our Facebook page for live updates and more information.
View the competition brochure here and the contest rules here.