Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs calls for delegates for the Panel Discussion in IJLIA’s 2nd International Symposium on 7th April 2018 (Saturday).
About the Panel Discussion
Topic – “India should ratify the Rome Statute of International Criminal Court for better Enforcement of International Humanitarian Obligations; with special reference to the armed conflict in Kashmir and Chattisgarh.”
The Panel Discussion will be graced by eminent dignitaries who are experts in this particular field of International Law.
- Mr. Wajahat Habibullah, Former Chief Information Commissioner Of India.
- Prof. Manoj Kumar Sinha, Director, Indian Law Institute.
- Prof. Tasneem Meenai, Director, Nelson Mandela Centre For Peace And Conflict Resolution, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Dr. Sunod Jacob, Associate Professor, School Of Law, Gd Goenka University.
- Dr. Garima Tiwari, Assistant Professor, School Of Law, Bennett University.
About The Symposium
Following the success of its First Edition, The Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs (ISSN 2518-3257), in association with F & D Foundation and Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, is organizing the Second Edition of the International Symposium on ‘’ on 7th April 2018.
The objective of the symposium is to provide a platform to students of various law schools and members of allied disciplines to have a qualified discussion on various themes revolving around contemporary international affairs.
Through this Symposium, we aspire to generate interest of the students in International Law and its intricate dynamics. This will also act as a platform for the students to interact with other students of varied disciplines, legal luminaries and the diaspora dedicated to International Law.
We are glad to inform you that the following dignitaries will grace the Inaugural Session of the International Symposium:
- Her Excellency Clemencia Forero Ucrós, Ambassador of Columbia to India.
- Rtd. Ambassador K.P. Fabian, Ambassador of India to Italy.
- Mrs. Sheila Dixit, Former Chief Minister, Delhi.
- Mr. Mahavir Singhvi, Joint Secretary, Counter-terrorism Division, Ministry of External Affairs.
- Prof. Talat Ahmad, Vice Chancellor, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Mr. Mehmood Pracha, Advocate, Supreme Court of India.
- Prof. Nuzhat Parveen Khan, Dean, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Captain Rao Ahmed Imran, Naval Advisor, Pakistan High Commission.
- Col. Karim Ullah, Defence Attaché, Afghanistan Embassy.
- Mr. Alex Pykett, First Secretary, British High Commission.
- Mr. Hamid Tahzeeb, First Secretary, Afghanistan Embassy.
Who Can Attend
Students, academicians, bureaucrats, professionals, diplomats, researchers etc. from various fields of law and/or international affairs can attend as delegates during the Panel Discussion.
Furthermore, a proactive Q&A session at the end of the discussion, with the esteemed panel, can also be beneficial for the attendees.
The ‘Certificate of Participation’ will be provided to the delegates along with the Symposium Kit, High Tea, and Lunch. The registration fee will also cover access to the Inaugural Session, Panel Discussion, and 5 Technical Sessions.
Amount to be paid as a delegate – INR 1000
To register, PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK
Auditorium, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi – 110025.
Saravna Vasanta (Convener), Editor-in-Chief, Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs: +91-9013478664
Musheer Zaidi, Managing Editor, Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs: +91-9643767947
Click here to follow IJLIA on Facebook.