The “IFIM International Journal of IPR and Commercial Law” published by IFIM Law College, Bangalore is a blind peer-reviewed journal edited by the in house editorial board. It is published annually.
Nature of Submissions
The “IFIM International Journal of IPR and Commercial Law” invites original, unsolicited and unpublished articles from all academicians, authors, legal professionals from India and abroad, under the following categories
Note: Papers from students are not accepted
- Long Articles (6500 -8500 words, including footnotes)
This category is designed to comprehensively deal with and provide a sustained analysis of a particular legal topic. It must analyse the current position in the field, identify the lacunae therein, along with rendering constructive suggestions.
- Short Articles (3500–6000 words, including footnotes)
Papers in this category, must undertake a more comprehensive study of specific topics, providing a new perspective and critical insight into the subject.
- Notes and Comments (1500-3000 words, including footnotes)
‘Notes and Comments’ are an important feature of the Review. A note is a concise argument focusing on any recent legal controversy or debate. A comment is limited to critical appraisal of recent judicial decisions, new legislations, or policy reform proposals.
As the journal is a flagship journal the contributions must be compatible with domain themes as envisaged below
- IPR-Any matter which falls within the domain of intellectual property rights
- Contract Laws
- Laws relating to Banking & Negotiable Instruments
- Insurance Law
- Corporate Laws & Governance
- Consumer Laws
- Competition Laws
- International Trade Laws
- Commercial Arbitration Laws
- Any matter connected with Law and Business
- General Instructions
- Long articles and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- Up to 2 co-authors are allowed for all categories, except Notes and Comments wherein co-authorship is not allowed.
- All works must be original and unpublished, and not pending for review for any other journal. Any form of plagiarism will be a disqualification for publication in the Journal.
- Submissions that exceed the word limit will not be accepted.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Times New Roman size 10, with 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
- Text and footnotes should conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed. 2015) (“The Bluebook”).
- The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 300-word abstract. The main body of the manuscript must begin from the second page onwards.
- Submission through email
- All submissions must be mailed in Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject ‘Manuscript Submission for Journal’.PDF/other formats/hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
- The body of the email must mention the name of the author(s), contact number, academic year (if applicable), qualifications (if applicable), institutional affiliation, title of the paper, and a declaration to the effect that the manuscript is an original and previously unpublished work of the author.
Deadline for submission of Full Paper by 1st July, 2018 (11:59 p.m. IST)
The final manuscript along with abstract shall be sent to mail id: email@example.com
- The Cover page must contain the title of the manuscript.
- It shall further contain Name/s, Academic Qualification, Designation or Professional affiliation/s and complete address of all author/s. In case of multiple authors of an article, the above details of all authors should be displayed separately with necessary commas.
- The name and address of the author\s to whom correspondence may be sent should be indicated, including an e-mail address and telephone number.
- Every manuscript immediately after the title page shall contain an Abstract not exceeding 300 words encompassing the gist of the article.
- The manuscript shall follow the abstract.
- An article without conclusion will be rejected.
Acceptance of Paper for Publication
Manuscripts which do not comply with the submission procedure contemplated above will be rejected at the threshold. The decision of the Peers Review Board regarding acceptance of papers for publication or rejection of papers shall be final.
IFIM Law College reserves the copyright on all articles, comments on judicial decisions, analysis of legislative materials and book reviews published in the Law Journal.
For further queries contact:
Mrs. Shivani Dutta, Associate Editor
This post was first published on:
16 May 2018