IDIA (Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education) is looking for a visionary and creative Executive Vice President to lead its operations and take it to the next phase of growth and Associate/Assistant Directors.
Executive Vice President
- Operations and Management: You will be in charge of overall operations and management of IDIA.
- You are expected to devise a long- term creative strategy to help propel IDIA to the next level of growth.
- Foster active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Promote a collaborative network across India to drive IDIA’s mission forward: Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with national, state and local rules and regulations.
- Ensure that the Board of Trustees is kept fully informed on all major policy decisions.
- Jointly, with the Trustees and/or other designated officers, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and execute legal documents.
- Creative Leadership/Growth Provide leadership in developing new ideas, programmes, partnerships, initiatives, fund raising programs and collaborations for IDIA.
- Widen the reach and impact of IDIA and to scale up in a sustainable manner.
- Create greater awareness around IDIA, its activities, programs and goals.
- Take initiative to recruit employees, staff and volunteers: Ensure that job descriptions are developed, regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are put in place.
- Fund Raising/Financials: Initiate various fund raising programmes for IDIA to make it more sustainable in the future.
- Provide organizational and financial plans to the Board from time to time.
- Work with the board in preparing a budget.
- Develop and maintain sound financial practices.
The person should preferably have some exposure to the non-profit space, though this is not absolutely essential. The person should have at least 7-10 years’ work experience (this again can be waived in appropriate cases).
Will be commensurate with skills and experience and will be on par with similar positions in the non-profit sector.
The EVP will report to the Board of Trustees.
Location can be anywhere in India. However, ideal if person can be in Bangalore or Delhi.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com (with the subject matter as “IDIA Executive VP”). Please also copy in the Managing Trustee <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Along with your email, please attach with a short statement/cover letter on why you are the best fit for this.
As one of IDIA’s directors, you will be working closely with the senior management at IDIA to supervise IDIA’s state teams and be in-charge of proactively managing and activities in IDIA’s national activities. Your role will include:
- Directing IDIA’s operations including sensitisations, training, supervising student volunteer teams, fund raising, and other core activities.
- Leading state teams or national verticals, and motivating and coordinating with student volunteers.
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting the work done at the organisation, and developing/improving upon processes for the same.
- Assisting with the implementation of effective advocacy and outreach strategies for the organisation.
- Facilitating the organisation of events, activities and projects of the organisation.
- Contributing to research undertaken by the organisation in specific areas as required.
- Ensuring close collaboration and coordination with other team members to guarantee smooth implementation of the activities of the organisation.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing required results as needed within the deadline.
- Taking on any other duties related to your role as directed by the senior management.
For Assistant Director, no prior work experience required – and the role is open to even law students graduating in 2018. For Associate Director, preferable to have at least 2-3 years of work experience in the legal sector.
Ideal applicants should demonstrate including excellent writing and research skills, proactive leadership qualities to conceptualise future operations, and the ability to articulate and advocate the cause of IDIA. Importantly, the applicant must be ‘enablers’, with the emotional intelligence and resourcefulness to inspire team members to put in their best.
The applicant should combine idealism with on-ground pragmatism; and must show initiative to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done. The applicant should show sincerity and dedication; and would be required to put in hard work for the organisation. Creative, analytical thinking is encouraged.
Will be commensurate with skill-set and prior work experience, and at par with similar positions in the non-profit sector.
Anywhere in India is acceptable, but it would be ideal if person could be located in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, or Kolkata.
How to apply
If you think you are the person for this role, please apply at the earliest!
IDIA is registered as a Charitable Trust, and aims to empower underprivileged communities through legal education. More details on the IDIA Website.