The International Convention for Sustainable Trade and Standards is being convened by the Quality Council of India in collaboration with the United Nations Forum on Sustainability Standards, and with a request for patronage to the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
It will be the first of its kind multi-stakeholder Convention in the world dedicated solely to the practical questions of leveraging trade, standards,and global value chains as engines of sustainable development. The ICSTS is being convened on 17 and 18 September 2018 at the Andaz, New Delhi, India.
The Convention has committed participation from the Steering Committee members of the UNFSS, which include the UNCTAD, ITC, UNIDO, FAO, and UNE, as well as high level governmental and intergovernmental individuals.
The ICSTS Campus Ambassador program will select a few dedicated individuals who will help ICSTS inspreading out and reaching all the stakeholders and potential participants. The Campus Ambassadors will also attend the conference for free – as volunteers, making sure that everything is executed smoothly.
Who should apply?
- Motivated and dedicated students enrolled in sustainability/trade/law/international relations/environmental, or any other related courses in renowned Universities, preferably with prior experience in event management or marketing
- Students actively involved in Model United Nations/Parliamentary debate programs
What will be your role?
- Circulate the e-posters through email, mailing-list, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter
- Paste posters in common areas like library, canteen, gymkhana and popular hangouts
- Utilize official institute website and social media to spread awareness amongst students
- Talk to Student Council & Institute Newsletter Teams to promote the program
- Ensure a pre-defined number of registrations from your campus
Depending on the expertise and background of the ambassadors, they will be divided into different functions, namely, volunteer, photographer, rapporteur, content writer, etc. (Opportunity for volunteering experience will depend on the performance in pre-event work, including number of registrations ensured)
- Certificate by Quality Council of India and United Nations Forum on Sustainability Standards
- Experience in organizing and managing an international convention
- Free entry into the convention
- A chance to attend sessions by highly renowned and positioned individuals from all over the world, including some prominent Indian ministers, United Nations professionals, and corporate heads
- Recognition on the official website once the task is completed
Process of selection
Step 1- Screening of CV
Step 2- Brief telephonic conversation
For more information, visit this page.