HiiL is organised as a not for profit social enterprise based in The Hague, the international city of Peace and Justice. HiiL forms a community of determined people who are passionate about social impact. HiiL is an equal opportunity, international employer; what matters to HiiL is your dedication and ability to accomplish our mission.
HiiL is looking for an Intern to strengthen their Justice Leadership Team.
Who is it for?
Are you passionate about justice? Do you want to support us in our mission to strengthen the rule of law and bring more justice to people? Are you excited to work with our Justice Leaders – a group of highly experienced and distinguished justice leaders from all geographical regions? Then join HiiL as an Intern!
- Conduct background research and analysis on justice leadership and rule of law for e.g. projects.
- Draft and edit background and meeting reports, blogs, newsletters and social media content
- Organise events (workshops, conferences, team meetings, Leadership Actions, etc.).
- Assist in grant acquisition and building the foundation’s network and strategic partnerships.
- Contribute to the day-to-day activities.
- Smart creative: You are enthusiastic and dedicated with demonstrable interest in and knowledge of the rule of law, justice and leadership. You have solid research and analytical skills. You are in the process of obtaining a Master degree and have at least Bachelor degree in Law, International Relations, Political Science, Conflict Studies, Development Studies, Business Studies or equivalent.
- Doer: You have experience with managing websites and social media. You have a strong result-orientation, hands-on attitude and on-time high quality delivery. You are proactive and possess the ability and willingness to take responsibility and ownership.
- Team player: You are able to work independently as well as within a team. You welcome feedback and use it to improve. You have strongly developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communicator: You have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing. You are fluent in English and, preferably, a good working knowledge of French, Spanish or Arabic.
- An internship position of 32 working hours per week for a period of 5 to 6 months in our office in The Hague, the Netherlands.
- An organisational culture where moral motivation prevails; the work that we do is meaningful and contributes to changing people’s lives.
- A great learning opportunity in a developing organisation that is used to having interns.
- An opportunity to work with leading experts in an international environment.
- An environment that is bound to further improve your professional skills.
- Coaching and support by your experienced supervisor and colleagues.
- Financial remuneration of €210,- per month for 32 working hours per week.
- Travel expenses covered up to €100,- per month depending on the place of residence.
- A number of paid holiday hours.
How to apply
Fill the internship application form given here.
Send it to the internship coordinator at [email protected].
For any queries, send an email to Tabitha Gumbs at [email protected]
For details, please view the official notification given here.