About the Organization
Haqdarshak is a social enterprise working to make welfare schemes more accessible to citizens by creating a multi-state, multi-lingual, mobile technology platform that helps citizens discover, apply for, and benefit from, government and private schemes that they qualify for.
They can use the platform through a local trained facilitator, the ‘Haqdarshak’, or themselves, on payment of a small service fee, which makes it financially sustainable. The promoters have immense experience in entrepreneurship and grassroots work in this area.
The ‘Haqdarshaks’, as they are called, are people from the community and working on incentive based model where the income is based on number of citizens assisted in availing benefits of schemes.
In 2015, we completed our research for States like Delhi, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu with a pilot of about 200 families in urban.
From 2016 onwards, our focus is directed towards research of schemes for Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Tamil Nadu and Delhi, for Central Government, State Government as well as private schemes.
The organization has entered into multiple partnerships with government (Rajasthan, Haryana) and corporate organizations (Tata Trust, Swadesh, JPAL, Save the Children, MAVIM, Basix, Center for Social Justice (CSJ) amongst many others) to roll out the services.
We want to touch a million lives in the next one year through effective use of technology and using network of people of on ground.
The organization has won multiple awards indifferent platforms organized by MyGov, Deity, Sankalp Global Innovation forum, TIE Bangalore, Harvard SAI IIT Delhi, amongst others.
Please visit our website www.haqdarshak.com to learn more about the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidate shall be responsible for conducting research on various welfare programs and policies implemented by government and verifying the information with the district authorities and departments.
The primary nature of work will include:
1. Research on welfare programs implemented by Government and Private Institutions for the benefit of the individuals / community and organizations.
2. Prepare easily comprehensible and informative write-ups for all schemes/programme. The Haqdarshak will access this information in communities through a mobile platform to inform citizens about their rights. The research will include online research and interactions with implementing officers in government/private institutions.
3. Interact and liaison with the departments and officials at district level to collect updated information about the currently active welfare programs. Selected person will be responsible for coordinating with departments for 2-3 districts.
4. Collect updated and accurate information from the departments for identified schemes and services (budget, scheme guidelines – process, documents required etc).
5. Regularly communicate with the research team to provide them the updated scheme information so that it can be updated on our portal and made visible to all the Haqdarshak.
6. Work directly with the Haqdarshak and citizens and conduct trainings for Haqdarshak on regular basis on scheme application.
7. Work on fixed targets and deadlines for number of scheme applications completed and number of active Haqdarshak in the identified districts.
8. Provide feedback to the research team on the quality of the information provided on our application and its usefulness to the Haqdarshak and citizen.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Minimum graduate (in any discipline).
2. Must be well versed with local language (read and write) of the State that the candidate is placed at. For eg.) Tamil would be a Must for location in Tamil Nadu.
3. Determined and motivated to reach targets and meet tight deadlines
4. The role will demand regular travel for department visits, meeting the HDs and citizens and travel between districts. Selected candidate should be willing to based out of assigned districts.
5. Need to work in close coordination with the team and the Line Manager
There are openings for the following locations – Delhi, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
Fixed stipend of Rs. 5k per month for a full time internship (min 40 hours per week).
If interested, please drop us an email to your email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV and a cover letter.
The official document is HERE.