‘LexTech’– Centre for Law, Entrepreneurship and Innovation is delighted to host Google Startup Weekend Cuttack (NLUO) edition from March 24 – 26, 2017 at National Law University Odisha, Cuttack, comfortably boasting to have become the first law school in India to do that.
What is a Startup Weekend?
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures.
It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over 1800 past events in 120 countries around the world.
Be prepared to engage yourself in an aura of excitement and creativity.
How does it work?
We aim to bring together enthusiasts like you to share ideas, form teams, build products, and, most importantly, launch startups.
Friday: Attendees pitch their ideas and inspire others to join their teams. Teams are therefore created to work on the best ideas.
Saturday and Sunday: This is where you debate, build, and pitch. And build some more. Teams will focus on building a prototype of their idea/product.
During this period teams will also focus on customer development, validating their ideas, practicing LEAN Startup methodologies and building a minimum viable product.
Sunday: In the evening teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts.
Can I Participate?
Think of a Startup Weekend session as a hackathon with a strong emphasis on business and design.
Your prior educational qualifications or stream doesn’t matter at all. We are only looking for a passion to innovate. Typical crowd of Startup Weekend consists of:
- Hackers and Nerds who can code with speed and skill.
- Domain experts and Business guys who know the market need on the tips of their fingers.
- Designers with strong aesthetics and strong UI, UX skills.
- Hustlers who can drive the project and can pitch their idea with passion looking to build a
- fantastic team around their idea.
- Lawyers who are skipping their pitch of floating legal islands and are ready to explore.
- Basically, anyone. We are very accommodating.
Even if you are yet to find ‘the business idea’ and are still exploring, Google Startup Weekend Cuttack will acquaint you with all you need to know in a ‘No Talk All Action’ 54 hours period!
Teams at Startup Weekend are formed in such a way that they have a good mix of technology, innovation and business and other areas.
Why should you attend NLUO Startup Weekend?
- Build a strong network of young aspiring entrepreneurs, well-established mentors and a network amazing investors.
- Think, conceive and deliver a product over a weekend. It’s just the super invested aura in the Startup Weekend that makes you amazingly productive.
- Get one-on- one time with the movers and shakers in your community. Local tech, startup leaders and legal minds participate in Startup Weekends as coaches and judges.
- Startup Weekend alumni span across several continents and scores of cities.
- Receive some amazing entrepreneurial goodies.
Each Startup Weekend NLUO participant gets:
- 300$ worth of Google Cloud Platform credits to build mobile and web apps.
- Free T-Shirts & Stationery kit.
- Meetings with Mentors and Investors (after the event) for taking the prototyped product forward.
- And, good food!
We are giving you the opportunity. Grab it when it is there. Let the phoenix rise and leap across the horizon.
Powered by Google for Entrepreneurs, we are also partnering with UBER, SCC Online, National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN), Wadhwani Foundation and The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE).
Register now for an exhilarating weekend!
Book your tickets HERE.
DISCOUNT COUPONS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE till 18th March 2017.
*50% DISCOUNT for STUDENTS: Use discount coupon code ‘STUDENT’ before checking out!
Find the updates on the event, login to this site.
Visit us on this site here.
For further queries:
Feel free to mail at email@example.com
Akash Ajmera, Coordinator, ‘Lextech’, NLUO @ +91 8280030767; Antim Amlan, Events Coordinator, ‘Lextech’, NLUO @ +91 8280216850