As a member of Google’s APAC Cloud Legal team, you will provide support to Google’s growing APAC Cloud business. You will review agreements and advise on legal and associated issues – often managing several at a time.
In this role, you’ll develop practical and innovative ways to meet Google’s needs, using your ability and expertise to make a positive impact on Google’s long-term goals. You will also act as a legal partner to the business, supporting Google’s Cloud organization based in India, along with the broader Cloud business across APAC.
- Draft, negotiate and advise on complex commercial agreements relating to all aspects of Google’s Cloud business in India and APAC. Update and manage business critical templates. Engage with business stakeholders on efficiency and training initiatives.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product, marketing and business initiatives and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate launches and innovation.
- Advise senior management and cross-functional project teams in Asia Pacific and the US with regards to potential legal risks.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in the region, and oversee litigation matters, liaise with regulators and authorities, and manage regulatory inquiries relating to Google’s products and operations in the region.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Finance and other functional groups.
- Juris Doctor, or an equivalent law degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- Qualified to practice law in India, with prior experience as in-house legal counsel for a multinational corporation or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in commercial drafting and negotiation within the Cloud computing industry or a related technology/online business.
- Qualified to practice law in other APAC jurisdictions.
- Interest, knowledge and experience in supporting Cloud and other Internet-related businesses.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters, from complex matters to routine/standard matters.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to manage and execute numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
To view official notification and apply online, click here.