Goi Peace Foundation is organising an International Essay Competition in 2015.
Celebrating the 70th anniversary of UNESCO, the theme for this year’s contest is: “BUILDING PEACE IN OUR HEARTS AND MINDS”
Prize winners will receive a cash award and will be invited to Japan for the award ceremony.
June 15, 2015
Anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2015).
1. Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2015) in one of the following age categories:
a) Children (ages up to 14)
b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
2. Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title. Essays may be typed or printed.
3. Essays must have a cover page indicating (1) category (Children or Youth) (2) essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 15, 2015 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
Please note that the organizer is unable to confirm receipt of essays or answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.
4. Entries may be submitted by postal mail or online.
IMPORTANT: To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page and follow the required steps.
5. Essays must be original and unpublished.
6. Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
7. Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
The online registration is to be done HERE.
When do I register?
When you are ready to submit your essay.
How do I submit my essay?
1. Go to “Individual” or “School/Organization” registration page from below.
2. After entering all required information, attach your essay by selecting the file on your computer.
(Note: Your essay file must be in MS Word or PDF format)
3. Click “SUBMIT” button at the bottom of the page.
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com