The GNLU Legal Services Clinic Award is a first of its kind initiative by an Indian national law university. It seeks to honour and support the most impactful and meaningful socio-legal initiatives of any legal services committee/ clinic in India or any SAARC nation.
It shall be presented to the committee/ clinic whose suggestion for a ‘best practice’ truly embodies the spirit of unity, effectiveness and greatest-benefit-of-the-greatest-numbers. The award hopes to recognize the best social projects being spearheaded by students and support their drive and impact on the community.
Entries received shall be judged on the following criteria:
- Sustainability (Resource availability and effective usage of the same to create social impact)
- Social Impact (Identification of beneficiaries, reach in terms of persons and territory, the outcome and difference the programs have created)
- Innovation (Uniqueness of the project and utilization of new methods of execution)
- Presentation (Clarity in objectives of a project and creative descriptions of the undertaken activities)
Participation is invited from any college/ university/ institution in India or any SAARC nation with a legal aid clinic or legal services committee.
The legal services committee/ legal aid clinic winning the GNLU Legal Services Clinic Award 2018 shall receive a cash prize of INR 40,000, a trophy and a Certificate of Merit.
- All entries are due on March 5, 2018.
- Ten entries shall be shortlisted for the Final Presentation Round to be held at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar on 14 April 2018. Shortlisted committees/ clinics shall be intimated of their selection for the Final Presentation Round and any accommodation charges to be paid, via e-mail by the 2nd week of March 2018.
- The Final Presentation Round shall be judged by a Panel of Evaluators, who shall then choose the winning entry.
- Any college/ university/ institution in India or any SAARC nation with a legal aid clinic or legal services committee is eligible to take part in the Forum.
- Register by filling the following Google form given below. You can also register by clicking here.
- Registration closes on February 28, 2018.
- Registration fee for participation in the GNLU Legal Services Clinic Award is INR 1,000*
- A link for payment of the Registration fee will be emailed to the participants upon registration through the above Google form.
*Note: Legal Services Committees/ Legal Aid Clinics participating in the 3rd GNLU Annual Legal Services Forum shall be exempted from paying the registration fee.
- Each participating committee/ clinic shall submit a brief containing a maximum of six activities that the committee/ clinic has undertaken between January 2017 and December 2017, one of which should compulsorily be a flagship/ major activity.
- The brief must be supplemented with either (a) a video, or (b) a PowerPoint presentation.
- The total length of the brief cannot exceed more than 25 pages, with a maximum of 10 pages being devoted to the flagship event of the committee/ clinic. Annexures, up to a maximum of 5 pages, may be attached to the brief. The annexures may contain tables, pictures or other forms of additional supplementary material to be considered by the Panel of Evaluators.
- The brief must be authored in English only.
- The brief should be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5.
- The entries must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘GNLU LSC Award 2018’.
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name of the college/ university/institution.
- The brief must be sent in .doc / .docx and .pdf format.
- The first page of the brief must contain the following details: Name of the College/ University/ Institution; Name(s) of Head(s)/ Convener(s); E-mail Address & Contact No.
- Mr. Sameer Rashid Bhat, Student Convener, GNLU Centre for Law and Society, +91 9998925880 email@example.com
- Ms. Gayathree Devi, K. T., Student Co-Convener, GNLU Centre for Law and Society, +91 8511970905 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Jayaditya Mallik, Secretary, GNLU Centre for Law and Society, +91 9909964944 email@example.com
- Mr. Akshat Kumar, Student Coordinator, Legal Services Committee, +91 8797419810 firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, please visit our website link given here.
This post was first published on:
9 Feb 2018