This post was originally published on October 1, 2014.
Gujarat National Law University is organizing the Law and Economics Essay Competition. This essay competition is the first of its kind all over the country, and is being organized with the objective of creating awareness among the general public at large about this nascent field of study, which can play a crucial role in making the Indian Legal System more efficient.
1,Last Date for Submission: January 12, 2015*
2.Announcement of Results: February 2, 2015
Law & Economics of regulations governing mergers & acquisitions
Comparative corporate governance: An economic analysis
The economics of regulatory competition
Law & Economics of securities regulation in transition economies
Efficient IPR regimes & social welfare dilemma.
1. All essays are to be written in English.
2. Only one submission per author.
3. Co-authorship is permitted for a maximum of 2 students.
4. The Competition is open only to students pursuing Bachelors in Law, Masters in Law, or a degree inEconomics.
5. Font: Times New Roman, Size 12, Line Spacing: 1.5.
6. Footnotes: Font: Times New Roman, Size 10, Line Spacing: 1.
7. Margin space to be 1” on all sides.
8. Citation Style: Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition
9. All submissions must be accompanied by an *Abstract of length 300-500 words*, along with keywords.
10. The essay should include a bibliography section. There is no need for an index.
11. The word limit is *3000-5000 words*, not including the title/abstract/footnotes/bibliography.
12. No names should be mentioned anywhere in the essay.
13. All essays should be the original work of the author, and should not have been submitted/published elsewhere in any form.
14. All original works submitted for this competition will become the sole property of GNLU.
All submissions are to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “GNLU Law & Economics Essay Competition”, along with the following:
1. Essay attached in .doc/.docx format
2. Body of the e-mail should contain the names of the author(s).
3. Cover Page attached as a Word Document containing:
a. Title of Paper
b. Names of Author(s)
c. Professional Affiliation
d. Contact Details: e-mail ID, Phone number
1. Authors of the winning essays will be given an opportunity to present their papers before eminent scholars from across the globe at the International Conference.
1. First Prize INR 10,000/-*
2. Second Prize INR 7,000/-*
3. Third Prize INR 5,000/-*
Jointly organized by :
Gujarat National Law University
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Further information can be accessed HERE.