States are exhibiting increasingly keen interest in augmenting investments in developing their capabilities in the air as well as space. Non-State actors, be it private investors or terrorists, are no exceptions to this emerging trend. It is becoming evidently clear that supremacy in air and space is set to define international relations in the years to come.
Recognizing the potential of these developments, the GNLU Centre for Public International Law has conceived the GNLU Air and Space Law Academy (GASLA) as a platform for engaging in discourse on contemporary legal issues in these fields.
The first edition of GASLA was successfully conducted between 14 and 23 September 2016, in collaboration with the Institute of Air and Space Law, University of Cologne and the Forum for Integrated National Security, India.
The second edition of GASLAwas successfully conducted between 16 and 22 September 2017 with the kind support of Airports Authority of India (AAI), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and the Indian Air Force (IAF).
Encouraged by their success, the GNLU Centre for Public International Law is organizing the 3 Edition of GASLA from 27 August to 2nd September 2018.
- To acquaint participants with various aspects relating to safety and security of aviation and space activities.
- To enhance understanding amongst the participants of the various principles enshrined in the international instruments meant for regulating air and space law.
- To create awareness amongst participants about recent trends in civil aviation and the militarization and commercialization of outer space.
- To enable the participants to understand the various dispute redressal mechanisms in air and space law and their efficacy.
- To facilitate discourse amongst stakeholders within the industry about practical challenges and the feasibility of implementing regulations and policies in the air, space and outer space.
For Indian Students, Rs. 20,000 (Participation fee includes registration, lodging and boarding, tuition fee, study material, educational visit, access of online legal
databases. Special subsidy in the participation fees may be provided upon prior request.
Register at this link.
In case of any difficulty accessing the above link, please contact the persons mentioned in the contact section.
Deadline: 20th August, 2018
CONFIRMED RESOURCE PERSONS
- Prof. (Dr.) Bimal N. Patel, Director & Professor of Public International Law, Gujarat National Law University, Member, Law Commission of India and Member, National Security Advisory Board
- Dr. Fabio Tronchetti, Adjunct Professor of Law at the School of Law of the Harbin Institute of Technology, People’s Republic of China
- WC Kiran Krishnan Nair (Retd.), Indian Air Force
- Air Marshal R.K. Dhir, PVSM, AVSM, VM, Air Officer Commanding-in-chief SWAC, Indian Air Force
- Prof. (Dr.) Sandeepa Bhat, Professor of Law, West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- Prof. (Dr.) Stephan Hobe, Director, Institute of Air and Space Law, University of Cologne
- Dr. V. Gopalakrishnan, Policy Analyst, Indian Space Research Organisation
- Mr. Vikrant Pachnanda, Dispute Resolution Counsel & Aviation Attorney, Supreme Court of India
- Prof. (Dr.) Wian Erlank, Professor, Law Faculty, North-West University, Potchefstroom
- Dr. Divya Tyagi, Assistant Professor of Law, Gujarat National law University
Last date for Registration and payment of Fees: Monday, 20th August 2018
Commencement of course: Monday, 27th August 2018
- Convener Dr. Divya Tyagi: +91-8128657564
- Co-Convener Ms. Heena Goswami: +91-8128650831
- Co-ordinator Ms. Palak Jagtiani: +91-8128650876
- Co-ordinator Ms. Ritushree Khandelwal: +91-8128654583
For brochure, click here.