To encourage the engagement of law students and practitioners with the field of international trade law, Gujarat National Law University already organizes a moot court competition, and has in the past, organized three conferences and published journals on the subject.
In furtherance of this established culture, the University is now organizing the first GNLU Academy on International Trade Law (GAITL) in collaboration with Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan Attorneys. It will be conducted under the aegis of the Centre for Public International Law, GNLU’s in-house platform for research and training in areas of public international law.
GAITL 2018 endeavours to provide a common platform for practitioners, research scholars, students and other stakeholders to deliberate upon recent developments in international trade law. It is aimed at acquainting participants with contemporary challenges to the multilateral trading regime and proposing solutions to address these challenges.
- The Law relating to Subsidies and Problems with Farm and Energy Subsidies
- Changing Role of Developing Countries at the WTO
- Addressing Non-Trade Concerns at the WTO
- Renewable Energy and International Trade Law: Contemporary Challenges
- Relevance of the “Security Exception” in the WTO Regime
- President Trump’s Trade Agenda
- Contemporary Challenges to the Multilateral Trading System
- Regional Trade Agreements in a Multilateral Trade Regime
11 – 14 February 2018
- Prof. Krista Nadakavukaren Schefer (Senior Research Fellow, World Trade Institute, Geneva)
- Mr. R. Parthasarathy (Principal Partner, Lakshmikumaran and Sridharan Attorneys)
- Ms. Anuradha RV (Partner, Clarus Law Associates)
- Mr. Santanu Mukherjee (Advocate and Head of Chambers, Ex Lege Chambers)
- Dr. Franziska Sucker (Senior Lecturer, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg)
- Mr. Adarsh Ramanujan (Joint Partner, Lakshmikumaran and Sridharan Attorneys)
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, INDIA.
- Last Date for Registration: January 31, 2018
- Inauguration: February 11, 2018
- Commencement of the Academy: February 12, 2018
- Valedictory Ceremony: February 14, 2018
To register, please visit our website.
- Mr. Girish R., Faculty Convener, email@example.com, +91-8128650806
- Ms. Shilpa Nair, Student Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 8758224406
- Mr. Sameer Rashid Bhat, Student Coordinator, email@example.com, +91-9998925880
- Mr. Yuvraj Rathore, Student Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-9537278505
- Ms. Gayathree Devi K. T., Student Coordinator, email@example.com, +91-8511970905
For details, click here.
This post was first published on:
21 Jan 2018