Call for Editors
The Indian Journal of Law and International Affairs (IJLIA) bearing ISSN 2518-3257 seeks applications from researchers and scholars to join the Editorial Collective for Volume 2 to maintain the editorial direction of the journal and to ensure engaging and thought-provoking original research publications.
IJLIA is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary, biannual International Journal dedicated to publishing original research, reports, and reviews.
The Journal lauds the support of an Editorial Advisory Council that includes policy analysts, senior bureaucrats, distinguished academicians from Yale Law School, Harvard Law School, London School of Economics, MGIMO, Sciences Po and also former Secretary General of International Court of Arbitration.
For the list of the Editorial Advisory Council, CLICK HERE.
Launch of IJLIA
The Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs was launched on April 16, 2017 in New Delhi by:
1. Ambassador K.P. Fabian, Former Ambassador of India to Italy and Qatar.
2. His Excellency Fakhri Hassan Mahdi Al-Issa, Ambassador of Iraq to India, Embassy of the Republic of Iraq
3. Prof. Nuzhat Parveen Khan, Dean, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
4. Dr. Wael Al-Battrekhi, Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of Palestine in India; and
5. Birgadier General Md. Abdul Hamid, Defense Adviser, Bangladesh High Commission New Delhi .
To know more about the launch, click HERE.
The Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs successfully organised a one-day International Symposium on Contemporary International Affairs under the convenorship of Mr. Vaibhav Pratap Singh, co-founder and former Managing Editor of IJLIA on the 16th of April, 2017.
It was graced by experts in International law and diplomacy, and saw an overwhelming participation by 123 lawyers, professors, research scholars, and students from law and allied disciplines from all across India and abroad.
For the details of the Symposium, click HERE.
For future improvement and development, IJLIA particularly seeks editors who can continue the enduring and ongoing editorial successes and introduce the journal profile to different libraries and research centres around the globe.
IJLIA welcomes applications from editors with strong academic backgrounds and a keen affinity toward International Law and International Relations.
Applicants with significant publications and/or reviewing experience will be preferred. It is a prerequisite for every applicant to be proficient in the 19th Bluebook citation format.
Roles and Responsibility
1. Making primary decisions on the merit of a written piece.
2. Send conditional acceptance and written feedback for improving an article.
3. Language and content editing of the articles, commentaries, case comment and book reviews.
4. Other miscellaneous editorial tasks.
20th August, 2017.
Interested candidates are required to send their applications along with the following documents to email@example.com
1. Updated Curriculum Vitae
2. Statement of Purpose (300-500 words)
3. Letters of Recommendation (if any)
An interview will be conducted for all those who have been shortlisted. It will be conducted over Skype for those outside NCR and in-person for those within Delhi.
Details of the same will be communicated to the prospective persons soon; kindly refrain from repeatedly following up on the status of your application or interview result.