As the country has witnessed major paradigm shifts in various domains of criminal law in the recent times, Amity Law School, Noida has taken the initiative to organize this one of its kind conclave to foster intellectual curiosity among young minds about the ever-evolving nature of the crime and criminal law.
The Conclave provides a unique opportunity to law students all over the country to exhibit and cultivate their interests in criminal law by participating in diverse kinds of competitions like legal quiz, debate, legislative drafting and essay writing, which are being organized as part of this event.
‘Whether Death Penalty for Child Rapists is Justifiable?’
- This Competition is open to students (undergraduate/post-graduate) from all colleges in India duly recognized by UGC.
- Participation of more than one team from a single institution is permitted.
- Each team shall consist of two members.
Format of the competition
- The language for the competition will be strictly English.
- The competition shall comprise of three stages: Qualifier, Semi-Final and Final.
- In the qualifier round, each team would present broader arguments for and against the motion in 8 minutes (total). At the end of this round, the top 50% teams would qualify for the next round based on scores given by the judges. For example, if there are 20 teams only the top 10 teams would qualify for the next part.
- Semi-Final Round would test the grasp of the participants on various aspects of the central issue of the debate (‘given topic’) (for example: constitutional, sociological, psychological, human rights, evidence etc.). Each team would randomly select one aspect of the given topic through ‘chit system’ and time of 10 minutes would be provided for preparation. Each team would speak for and against the given topic by presenting arguments strictly related to the allotted aspect in 15 minutes (total). At the end of this round, top 2 teams would qualify for the third and final round based on scores given by the judges.
- In the third and the last part of the competition, each finalist would be given a random situation based question and time of 20 minutes would be provided for preparation. Both teams would present their views from both the sides in 20 minutes (total) and after each speaker of the team has spoken, the opposite team would be allowed 3 minutes for rebuttal. The team with the highest scores would be adjudged the winner.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Organizing Committee shall be final.
- The participants would be marked across various fields, mainly quality and depth of research, argumentation, oratory, speech deliverance, negligible use of any paper, diction etc.
- The Best Team: ₹ 6,000 Cash Prize and Certificates
- The Runners-Up Team: ₹ 3,000 Cash Prize and Certificates
- The Best Speaker (for the motion): ₹4,000 Cash Prize and Certificates
- The Best Speaker (against the motion): ₹4,000 Cash Prize and Certificates
- All the participants shall receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
Date and Venue
The Debattle: Debate Competition will be held on 7th September 2018 at Amity Law School, Noida (U.P.).
Registration fees is Rs. 2000 per team.
For Online Registration and payment, click here.
In case participant(s) wish to register offline, the registration fees, along with accommodation charges i.e. Rs. 400 per person (if applicable), must be sent via demand draft in favour of “Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, payable at Noida”. A soft copy of demand draft, as well as Name of the Participant(s), Name of the Institution, Course and Contact details, is to be sent through e-mail at email@example.com to us latest by 25th August 2018.
Further, the original demand draft has to sent to (by post or courier) to Dr. Aditya Tomer, Addl. Director Amity Law School, Amity University, Sector-125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh-201303 latest by 05th September 2018.
Note: Participants are requested to take a screenshot of Transaction ID after payment of participation fees and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it via Whatsapp at +91 8527276207, to complete their registration
For any further enquiries and clarifications, contact:
- Harshit Hassanwalia: +91 9910492018
- Aniket Paul: +91 8961950350
- E-mail: email@example.com
For more details, click here.