Name, College, Year
Arth Singhal, National Law University Odisha, 1st year.
Name of Organisation
CREDO ADVOCATES, Chamber No. 20, Patiala House Court, New Delhi.
Application Process with contact details
Apply through sending your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Duration of internship and timings
This was a 30 days internship. The official timings were 10:00AM- 6:00PM. But the interns used to leave by 7:00-7:30 PM.
I interned there from May 15, 2018- June 14, 2018.
First impression, first day formalities
On the first day, I was introduced to Adv. Gorangg Gupta and his partner Mr. Virat Tomar. The first meeting itself made me feel comfortable and settled. After a brief introduction, I was led to the chamber where all the Associates and interns worked together. Mr. Vineet Gupta, was the person who guided me an other interns throughout the month. It was an experience which was quite anti-orthodox Internship experiences.
During the Internship, I was involved in various legal matters. I was responsible for:
- Attending Court proceedings of the various District Courts, High Courts, Central Administrative Tribunal, Debt Recovery Tribunal, National Company Law Tribunal and National Company Law Appellate Tribunal to enhance theoretical knowledge.
- Drafting revision petitions, applications, notices, police complaints, Letter of Legal Opinion and Rejoinders.
- Preparing the cross examination of affidavits and witnesses.
- Filing of cases and replies in the court.
- Inspecting court files and obtaining certified copies from the courts.
- Making case summaries and case briefs.
- Researching on various civil and criminal aspects of law. These included Company Law, Insolvency Law, Juvenile Act, Negotiable Instruments Act, Maintenance, Fraud, Divorce, Hindu Succession Act, Copyright Laws and White collar crimes.
Work environment and people
The associates and Co-interns were really helpful and friendly and fun loving. Also specifically to mention, the Patiala house Court Clerks and other workmen are equally helpful, generous and kind.
The best thing about the internship was that I got to learn and be acquaint to the ground work that comes with the legal profession which is a must to experience for anybody seeking an inside out knowledge of the Legal Profession.
No Bad things as such.
9.5 out of 10.