It gives us immense pleasure to share that propelled by the success of the first edition Jus Dicere has decided to follow its footsteps and host the Second Edition of its annual conference, ‘Rethinking on Criminal Justice Administration’. This year the conference is organized in collaboration with the Govind Ramnath Kare College of Law, Margao, Goa.
The Present age in academics and research may be best expressed as the age of interdisciplinary studies and therefore, be it teaching or research an isolated approach is simply unthinkable. This includes the discussion of the scholastic work for problem-solving of the present social issues like the ever challenging prevention of crime and maintenance of justice in the country. Since crime and society are closely interrelated making criminal justice of any society dependent on the efficient working of the Judicial System. Another important essence of criminal law studies victimization and providing timely justice as opposed to today’s delayed system.
Hence, it is an important issue for eminent scholars, academicians, practitioners, lawyers and students and expert of related fields to come forward and contribute their scholarly work. The objective of this Conference is to drag attention towards such aspects of Criminal Law through a research-based platform and to provide means for melioration.
Call for Paper
We seek proposals in the form of paper from Eminent Scholars, Academicians, Practitioners, Lawyers, Students and Experts for contribution in the Conference. Paper should not merely address the issue but also conceptualize views and arguments of the author on the current scenario. All paper selected for presentation shall be published in a special book by Jus Dicere.
Suggested Themes & Sub Themes
For the purpose of paper presentation, the themes and sub-theme are listed below, sub-themes are indicative of relevant research areas to give the prospective authors innovative prepositions about the ambit of discussion during the course of the conference.
However, the authors may draw upon issues not limited to but touching upon the same for abstract submission and paper presentation.
Central Theme – Criminal Justice Administration
The focus of the conference is to assess the functioning of the crucial components of criminal justice administration i.e. law enforcement agencies, prosecution, judiciary and corrections including the challenges involved in the administration of justice in India with an effort to evolve strategies for an effective mechanism of better administration.
Sub-themes – The different avenues of Criminal Justice Administration that we will explore herein are –
- Deficiencies, irregularities and extraneous considerations in criminal justice administration
- Reformation of the Criminal Justice System
- Restorative Justice and Therapeutic Jurisprudence
- Conventional and Innovative Criminal Justice Approach
- Criminal Justice and Constitutional guarantees
- Commutation of Death Penalty and death row phenomenon
- Criminal investigation: Challenges for law enforcement agencies
- Role of Forensic Science in criminal justice administration
- Prosecution and Defense in Criminal Justice system
- The efficiency of courts and the criminal justice process
- Prison Reforms in India – Challenges
How to Participate
Stage 1 – Abstract Submission
Stage 2 – Payment of Registration Fees
Stage 3 – Final Paper/Manuscript Submission
In order to present a paper at the conference, participants must submit the paper & abstract as per the guidelines available here.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to three authors.
- It is mandatory that at least one of the authors be present for the paper presentation.
- However, each co-author has to mandatorily register them individually by payment of the mentioned registration fee.
- All the abstracts & papers will be subject to blind peer review.
- The registration procedure and the registration forms details would be furnished subsequently via email.
- Paper presenters will be given ‘Certificate of Presentation’.
- The conference is open not only to law practitioners and students but also to students, paralegals, civil society organizations, academicians of other disciplines.
- Research Question
- Understanding of Subject
- Research Methodology
- Writing Style (clarity, flow, transitions, etc.)
- Grammar, Paragraph and Sentence Structure
- Presentation skills
|Last date to submit abstracts
||November 07th, 2018
|Notification of acceptance
||Latest by November 08th, 2018
|Last date to pay registration fees
||November 10th, 2018
|Last date to submit the paper
||November 15th, 2018
|Last date to pay accommodation fees
||November 15th, 2018
|Date of conference
||November 25th, 2018
|Author (Paper Presentation)
||Rupees 1500 per author
||Rupees 1000 per person
- The Winner will be awarded a Cash Prize of Rupees 3000, Gift hamper, Cash Coupon of 2000/- from Jus Dicere* & Certificate of Merit & an Internship Opportunity with a prestigious Law Firm.
- The Runner-up will be awarded Gift hamper, Cash Coupon of 1000/- each from Jus Dicere* & Certificate of Merit.
- The next 5 following best paper will be awarded Cash Coupon of 500/- each from Jus Dicere* & Certificate of Merit.
In order to make your experience and journey to Goa more comfortable & rewarding, we have arranged the stay for the participants in Colva Kinara Resort (3 Star Property) located at Colva Beach, Goa on nominal cost. We will ensure you have an elegant room with flat-screen TVs, tea and coffee making facilities & access to Pool. Click here for more details and accommodation registration.
P.S. – Jus Dicere is pleased to offer a one-day complimentary trip covering all major attractions of North Goa for all the participating opting for accommodation assistance from Jus Dicere Team on November 24, 2018.
Govind Ramnath Kare College of Law, Margao, Goa
For any further queries, connect with us at email@example.com or give us a ring at +91 8448449531.