About the College
Saveetha School of Law an esteemed institution across the country and the world is a part of the Saveetha Institute Of Medical and Technical Sciences
About the conference
Civilised societies are normally law abiding in nature, however the Indian government organs of enforcement and adjudication prove it to be inadequate. The white collar crimes in high places are questioning our national credibility. At this juncture, it is time to consider to enact capable legislation or consider to change the procedural law from common law to civilised civil law judistriction procedure.
The need of constitutional amendment to include aggrieved/victims right which shall strictly prevail over the rights of now guaranteed rights to the accused. The time has come to say that even though you punish the innocent, do not allow culprit to escape and go free.
Therefore Saveetha School of Law take immense pleasure in organising one day Interdisciplinary National conference on criminology and Criminal Judistriction on the 30th Of August 2018.
Objectives of The Conference
1. To analyse the need for amendment of criminal procedural system in India
2. To study the Morden challenges faced by criminology and updating of procedural laws.
3. To create public awareness program to extend public support in the enforcement and adjudication process.
4. To analyse the issues and challenges executive and judiciary in criminal matters.
Sub themes for conference
- Jury trail
- Economic offender
- Constitution to ensure rights of victims and aggrieved persons
- Framing of charges and police
- Benifit of doubt and scope of justice in India
- Violence against women/ dowry death/un natural death of spouse
- Absconders and enforcements in foreign sate
- Crossborder and cyber crimes
- Evidenciary value of private investigation
- Prison management by private companies
- White collar crimes and crimes involving mnc’s
- Offences involving politicians and fast track procedure for speedy trail
- Upadti fine /penality under criminal statutes
- Police permission and liability of government
- Conjugal visit
- Plea bargaining
- Juvenile offenders
- Ill treatment of senior citizens by their children and their rights
Call for papers
Please email your abstract as an MS-Word (.doc, .docx) file without any identifying references to email@example.com with the subject-line “abstract submission”. The document shall contains the title of the proposed paper, name of the author(s), mobile number and name of the institution(s).
Abstracts are due by 11:59 PM GMT on 27th July 2018.
Abstracts must not exceed 800 words. Co-authorship is allowed.
Abstracts will be selected through a double blind peer-review process. Selection will be based on originality, method, relevance to the conference theme as well as geographical and social balance. Only one abstract per author will be considered. Selected authors will be notified in due course. Draft papers will be due on 20th August 2018.
For paper presenters
- Students(U.G and P.G): Rs. 1000
- Research scholars and PhD scholars: Rs.1700
- Academicians: Rs.1700
- Others: Rs.2000
For participants: Rs. 750
Mode of payment
Karur Vaysa Bank
Account No.: 1248135000002593
Account Name: Saveetha School of Law
IFSC Code: KVBL0001248
- Last date to send abstracts: 27th July 2018
- Selection of abstracts: 30th July 2018
- Last date to send full paper: 20th August 2018
- Last date for Payment of fees: 23rd August 2018
For further information refer the official brochure given below.