V. V. Pura College of Law, Bengaluru, affiliated to Karnataka State Law University, Hubballi, in association with The Karnataka State Commission for Protection Child Rights, Bangalore organising the Prof. B.T.Parthasarathy Memorial National Conference on Protection of Child Rights.
The question of child rights has emerged as one of the most vibrant issues for discussion in this new millennium. The fact remains that even today children are a part of the disadvantaged minority group so far as realization of human rights and social justice are concerned.
In India, we have enacted so many laws & formulated many policies related to Children in order to protect them & to give them a conducive atmosphere for sound development. Still the lives of underprivileged children in contemporary India is a struggle for survival.
We intend to provide a platform to the Students, Scholars, Academicians, Legal Practitioners, Professionals and other Stake holders to deliberate upon the Contemporary issues and to assess various laws, statutes, policies and schemes under implementation in India and to provide a forum for new proposals.
Sub-Themes for Conference
- Constitutional Perspective on Rights of Children-Health, Education and Protection against exploitation & Child Labour, Malnutrition.
- Protection of Child and Criminal Justice Administration – Child Trafficking, Kidnapping and Abduction, Rape, Child Prostitution, Juvenile Justice. Sexual abuse- POCSO Act, 2012; Child Pornography
- Issues and Challenges faced by the Government in protection of child rights
- Transforming Social Norms and Unfavourable traditional Practices- Female foeticide & Child Marriage
- Exploitation of children and Entertainment Industry
- Protection of children and Global Initiatives
- Protection of Children and Policy Initiatives in India
- Child Rights and Personal Laws in India
- Legal discourse on Age of Child
- Institutional Structures Relating to Protection of Children
- Judiciary in Protection of Rights of Children
- Any other relevant topics
Who Can Participate in the Conference?
Academicians, Research Scholars, Professionals, Practitioners, Students, Members of Civil Society, Other Stakeholders.
Call for Papers
Research papers are invited from the Academicians, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners and Students on the conference themes which are original in nature and not published elsewhere.
The Organisers intend to come out with an edited book with ISBN Number comprising of the best research papers presented in the conference. Therefore all participants are requested to submit their full length articles of around 12-15 pages following bluebook 19th edition for references.
Guidelines for Conference Papers
All abstracts and full papers must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the format given below:
- The abstract should not be more than 350 words and must contain Title of the Paper, Name of the Author, University/Institution/ Organization, Email Address and Mobile Number.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing. The authors should follow Bluebook style of 19th edition for citations
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors.
- Students: Rs. 250/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 500/-
- Academicians, Professionals, Practitioners: Rs.700/-
Payment Mode: Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “The Principal, V.V.Pura College of Law, Bengaluru”, payable at Bengaluru.
No TA/DA/Accommodation will be provided to the Participants.
|Last date for submission of abstract:
|Communication of selected abstract:
|Last date for submission of full paper:
|Confirmation about acceptance of full paper:
- Dr. Sanjeeve Gowda.G.S, Mob: 099861 87608
- Prof. Ganesh K, Mob: 094487 12215
E Mail.: email@example.com
For registration form, click here and for brochure, click here.
This post was first published on:
29 Apr 2018