Despite the novel initiative and continuous efforts made by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and National Law Universities across the country, the teaching and research have been a subject of concern even today. It is an undeniable fact that legal education is significantly different from that of any other social sciences and humanities education, although interconnected.
Legal education prepares not only professionals, i.e. lawyer, judges, jurists, activists, etc; it also grooms confident and analytical human beings for society, academics and administration. Legal education aims to train the mind in order to bring solution to the emerging issues, threat and challenges of cosmopolitan society due to globalization.
This workshop will discuss and try to find out the solution to our growing concern as to scarcity of trained teaching faculty, inter-disciplinary vs intra-disciplinary vs cross-disciplinary teaching & research, grooming of faculty, curriculum design, setting of question papers, evaluation of answer sheet, research activities and research attitudes of the scholars, role of academic administrators, student-teacher relationship, legal aid clinic, co-curricular activities, social outreach program, research writing, court and legislative drafting, court training and internship programs.
How to overcome problems in the way to enrich the legal education as a social justice education, is the subject matter of concern and discussion in this workshop.
Call for Papers
We cordially invites abstract (original think piece) in 500-1000 words from academicians and research scholars. Interested participants may submit their abstracts and full papers for the workshop on the following e-mail ID:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teaching technique in law
- Research methodology in Law
- Professional Skill development in Law
- The abstract should be within 500-1000 words.
- Author(s) Name(s), University/Organization, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number, to be stated clearly in the cover page of the Abstract.
- Author (s) will be required to fill the registration form after the selection of their abstract.
- Last Date of Abstract Submission: 30th November, 2018
- Confirmation of Selected Abstract: 4th December, 2018
- Last Date for Registration: 10th December, 2018
- Date of Workshop: 15th December, 2018
- Academicians: Rs. 1500
- Research Scholar: Rs.1200 (With Accommodation) and Rs. 600 (Without Accommodation)
Note: Only 60 participants shall be allowed.
- Prof. (Dr.) S. C. Roy: +91 9431619749 (Organizing Secretary)
- Mr. Hrishikesh Manu: +91 8002717604 (Faculty Co-ordinator)
- Mr. Kumar Gaurav: +91 7091140418 (Faculty Co-ordinator)
For further details, please click here.