We are pleased to inform that School of Law Christ university is organizing its Decennial Celebrations from 11th to 17th September, 2017.
As a part of the celebrations, the Advanced Criminal Law Studies Committee is organizing (SLCU) Christ University Judgment Writing Competition 2017 for which the participants are required to draft a judgment for the problem attached herewith.
The Following are the important dates:
Last date of registration: 13th August, 2017 ( 11:59 pm).
Last Date for Queries regarding Rules of the Competition: 15th August, 2017.
Release of Individual Codes: 16th, August 2017.
Last date of submission of the Judgment Draft(soft copy): 20th August, 2017 ( 11:59 pm).
Announcement of Results: 16th September, 2017 ( 08:00 pm).
Click HERE.Final Draft JWC 2017
Rules for the Christ University Judgment Writing Competition
- Language- The language for writing the judgement shall be in ENGLISH only.
- Word limit – max of 7500 words (including foot notes).
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font size- 12 for text, 10 for footnotes
- Page numbers – bottom centre
- Line spacing– 1.5 and for footnotes 1.0 and justified.
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of your institution and the names of student author, with the signature of student author.
- The Judgment shall begin on the next page.
- Do not state any matter in the judgment (except the cover page) that might reveal your identity or of your institution.
- The marking criteria for the judgement shall be based on the following:
- Facts in Brief
- Language and Style
- Knowledge of Law
- Application of Law
- Appreciation of Evidence
- Ratio Decidendi
- Justification of decision
- Creative interpretation of facts, law and style of writing the judgement.
All the Judgements must be saved and sent as PDF file. The title of the file must be in the following format SLCU_JWC_ TEAM CODE.
1st Prize Rs 7000/-
2nd Prize Rs 5000/-
3rd Prize Rs 3000/-
The list of the winners will be published on 16th September 2017 at 8:00 pm on the official
website of the SLCU DECENNIAL CELEBERATIONS.
All the participants will be given a participation certificate which will be sent to them via Indian Postal Service.
The winners will be sent their prize money along with their certificate via Indian Postal Service.
- The Registration fee for the competition is Rs 500 (Rupees five hundred) only.
- There is no cap for participation from a single institution.
- The last date for registration is 13th August 2017. Soft copy of the duly filled registration form shall be sent on or before 11:59PM to:
- The link for the registration details can be found at http://slcuaclsc.weebly.com/judgement-writing-competetion.html
|Name of the Bank||The South Indian Bank Ltd.|
|Branch||Christ University Branch|
|Address||Christ University Campus, Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560 029|
|Type Of Account||Savings|
|Account No. (VAN)||0396053000015000|
For any queries, contact us at email@example.com
For any further Queries, you can contact the Student Conveners at:
Mallikarjun Khare (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) (Phone: +91 8884723436)
Rajath Francis (Email: email@example.com) (Phone: +91 8123344952)