Introduction to University:
Chandigarh University is a multi-disciplinary, leading institute in the northern India which is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning and research. It has been established through State Legislature Act, of Punjab and is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC).
About 3rd National Seminar:
“Cooperative Federalism” it is a concept of federalism in which national, state, and increasingly local governments interact cooperatively and collectively to solve common problems, rather than making policies separately. Cooperative federalism requires robust institutions and mechanisms for promoting intergovernmental relations.
In brief, an essential element in cooperative federalism is clarity in assignment of functions among different levels of government and mechanisms for discussions and conflict resolution. This is achieved through Intergovernmental Relations (IGR) within federations which take many forms and may be exercised through a variety of mechanisms, formal and informal or both.
Several times It has been observed that whenever the center government is in full majority then the Federalism is little bit in endanger and when the center have coalition government then the federalism become strong.
3rd National Seminar (One day) to be held on 31st March, 2018
- Competitive Cooperative Federalism
- Comparative study of cooperative federalism with special reference to USA, Australia and Canada;
- Cooperative Federalism vis-à-vis Centralization of power in Post Independence Era;
- Green federalism, impact upon Finance relations Between Union and States after GST;
Note: The Author can submit the paper on any relevant theme related to the main theme of the National Seminar
Video Conferencing: Presenters can also present their Research Paper with the help of Video Conferencing
- Provisional Registration: 06th March, 2018
- Submission of Abstract: 10th March, 2018
- Intimation of acceptance: 12th March, 2018
- Submission of Full paper, Demand Draft of registration fee: 24th March 2015.
- Registration for attendees: till March 26, 2018
- Date of Seminar: 31st March, 2018
Method of Submission:
Interested participants have to make a provisional registration through mail at the mentioned Email address seminar[email protected] till 05 march, 2018.
All submissions for the seminar have to be electronically mailed with the subject column as “Submission – abstract/full paper” with the full details only on the following Email address address: seminar[email protected] and CC to [email protected] & [email protected]
Note: Selected papers shall be published in the “Chandigarh University Law Journal” in its first edition.
- Lawyers/corporate: Rs 1500/-
- Co-author: Rs 1000/-
- Academicians: Rs 1000/-
- Co-author: Rs 750/-
- Students /Research Scholar: Rs 500/-
- Co-author: Rs. 500/-
- Attendee*: Rs. 300/-
Registration for the attendee can be made by making a mail with the subject “Request as an Attendee” at: seminar[email protected]
Prof (Dr.) J P Yadav, Director UILS: [email protected]
Ms. Ankita Bali (Faculty Convener): +91-9878166620
This post was first published on: February 11, 2018