Centre for Advanced Research in Dispute Settlement [CARDS] established under the aegis
of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vizag, is a student driven initiative to
promote Arbitration as a mode of dispute settlement as well as to encourage students
towards choosing Arbitration as their career.
CARDS started functioning from 23rd September 2016. Since its inception, it has successfully conducted five events, three domestic workshops at Vizag and two international workshops at London and Singapore.
The events conducted saw participation from various sections of the legal fraternity and saw speakers from Clyde & Co., Clifford Chance, Allen & Overy, Dentons, Three Crowns LLP, Ashurst, Debevoise & Plimpton, Keating Chambers, Lalive, Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler, Volterra & Fietta, Shearman & Sterling, White & Case, and WilmerHale, among others.
Apart from the above mentioned events, CARDS has successfully launched two books on Arbitration which are a compilation of articles. The two editions were ‘Pari Passu-Arbitration on an Equal footing with Arbitration’ & ‘Arbit Praxi- Process of Arbitration’. We at CARDS are pleased to announce the third edition of the book (yet to be titled) which shall have an ISBN no.
The book shall be released during ‘Tour De Arbitration-Paris’, a flagship event to be organized by CARDS [1-5 February 2019]. Contributions that are genuine, unpublished and original are invited. The domain for submission is open to students, researchers, academicians, scholars and professionals.
Deadline for Submission: 15th December, 2018
The indicative theme for the book is ‘Issues and Challenges in the field of International Commercial & Investment Arbitration’.
The theme is kept broad to cover various sub-themes under the same. We seek submissions under the following category:
1. Articles 3000 – 4000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
2. Research Paper 5000 – 7000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
3. Short Note & Case Comment 1500 – 2500 words (exclusive of footnotes)
4. Book Review 3000 – 5000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
- All manuscript should be accompanied by an abstract of about 200 words outlining the
- central argument(s) of the research paper.
- Authors shall declare that the manuscripts submitted for publication do not infringe the copyright of any other person. Except agreed otherwise, the copyright of the content published shall vest with DSNLU, viz. the organizer. However, the organizers shall not be liable for any copyright infringement by the authors.
- The manuscript must not contain any mention of or reference to the author’s name, affiliation or credentials. Such information must be restricted to a separate cover page which must contain a brief biographical description of the author and include the author’s name, affiliation, qualifications and contact details.
- Plagiarism will result in the summary rejection of the manuscript.
- Co – authorship is allowed to a maximum of one author.
- All manuscripts should be emailed to the given email address: email@example.com.
- All Manuscript must follow a Uniform method of citation.
- Submission must be in Times New Roman; font size 12 (main text) & line spacing of main text should be 1.5, 1 inch margin space on both sides and justified.
- All footnotes must be in Times New Roman Size 10, single spacing and justified.
- The manuscript submitted must be made in .doc/ .docx.
- Charts/Tables: These should be made a part of the main text itself.
- Page numbering should be in the middle of the page.
- Quotations from primary sources: In italics, within inverted commas and duly acknowledged in the footnotes.
- Authors, upon submission, must communicate their acceptance of the following conditions:
- The work, upon publication, becomes the property of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University;
- Permissions for subsequent publication/reprint and/or derivative works must be obtained from DSNLU.
- DSNLU retains complete discretion over acceptance/rejection of manuscripts.
- Editorial decisions to publish shall be based solely on review of the final manuscripts submitted by the authors.
- The acceptance of manuscripts post-review may be made contingent on incorporation of such suggestions as communicated by DSNLU.
- Authors of accepted articles are entitled to receive a complimentary printed copy of the issue in which their article has been published.
All queries, clarifications as well as contributions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roselin Sara Alex, Core Founding Member, CARDS
Mobile: +91 9926144300
Adnan Qasmi, Member, CARDS
Tejas Prasad, Member, CARDS
For official notification, click here.
This post was first published on:
24 Oct 2018