About the Internship:
The 17th edition of CCS’s Researching Reality Internship explores the fast accelerating policy domain in a six-week format to produce original working papers fostering a sustainable interaction between multiple stakeholders to further dialogue on several issues within the policy sphere.
A unique opportunity for college students, Researching Reality Internship is ideal for applicants who wish to apply social and economic principles to current policy issues through in-depth research and analysis.
It provides training in areas of quantitative and qualitative research, methodology, data analysis, and critical thinking.
Interns’ study various agencies, boards, corporations, departments, schemes, legislation, and programs of the different tiers of government; evaluating existing systems both domestic and international, viewing benchmarks and best practices to recommend sustainable and long-term policy improvements in the functioning of government structures.
The engagement usually spans 6 weeks where interns work under the guidance of research guides on group projects.
The program culminates in working papers on thematic issues, each providing policy recommendations for efficient and accountable government functioning.
Some of these papers and articles go on to be published in academic journals and leading newspapers. CCS does not require internship papers to be in line with any political philosophy, we require research papers to be scientific in spirit and content.
The larger objective is to further citizens’ understanding of the workings of the government and encourage greater independent, fact-based qualitative and quantitative research so that the next time citizens demand better governance, they can back their claims.
Researching Reality is a full-time six-week intensive internship
To be considered for the internship program, a candidate must satisfy one of the following;
- Current student enrolled in an undergraduate/ postgraduate course in any academic or professional discipline
- Graduates / Researchers
- International Baccalaureate / Cambridge International Students enrolled in the Diploma program or A Levels
A candidate must demonstrate;
- Interest in the public policy domain
- Inquisitive and adept with basic research skills – data collection, inference and analysis
- Be open to fun, open and respectable environment
- Be a team player, have strong analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
The Internship is open to both Domestic and International applicants. We offer assistance for visa applications in ‘Volunteer Category’ for International Students
There is no registration fee to apply for the program.
There is no stipend paid to Interns for the duration.
However, reimbursements approved on actuals by the requisite guide/ coordinator for the purpose of research are provided.
Interns are requested to make their own living arrangements in New Delhi.
- Complete the Online Application Form; the form additionally consists of two sections dealing with a Statement of Purpose and essays as a writing sample to be considered for the Interview Round
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a personal interview call at the CCS Office in New Delhi; In special circumstances we do conduct interviews over the phone.
- A weighted proportion score of the Essays and Personal Interview will be used to determine the final list of selected candidates
- A second-list based on contingency is generated for wait-listed candidates
Applications can be submitted through the online portal alone. Applications via eM or post are not considered.
Any attempt to influence the application decision leads to disqualification of the candidate.
|Applications Open:||24 February 2017|
|Application Deadline:||30 April 2017|
|Personal Interview Call:||4 May 2017|
|Interview Dates:||6 – 13 May 2017*|
|First List of Confirmed Applicants:||15 May 2017|
|Second List for Wait-Listed Applicants:||18 May 2017|
|Final List of Confirmed Participants:||20 May 2017|
|Internship Commences||1 June 2017|
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT: www.ccs.in/internship
APPLICATION FORM: http://bit.ly/2ngyq5a