Centre for Civil Society and LawLex are organizing ‘Communicating Freedom’ Essay Writing Competition.
THEME OF THE ESSAY
1. The current danger is that India will stretch into Centuries what took other countries only Decades: Friedman.
2. Taboos behind Low Economic growth rate of India.
3. Indian Policy: Greater Freedom or Greater Authoritarianism.
4. Is India too soft to become Economic power?
5. High speed Railway infrastructure for India: Benefits, Feasibility and Challenges.
6. Is Civil Society crossing its limits in India?
7. Right to Information and Private Sector.
8. Data privacy and UID Scheme in India.
9. The day a woman can walk freely on the roads, that day we can say that India achieved Independence : Mahatma Gandhi
1. Any student pursuing any undergraduate course, post graduate course or doctoral course in any recognized college or university around the world.
2. Any individual who has passed the above course can also apply.
1. Essays should be sent in English only.
2. Essays must be original and unpublished.
3. Copyright of the Essays shall rest with the organizers. Organizers hold the right to republish the essays in a book if required.
4. Only one submission is allowed per author.
5. Co-authored submissions will be rejected.
6. Identification mark (name or any mark which identifies the author) must not be found in any part of essay.
LENGTH OF THE ESSAY
1. The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and/or bibliography.
2. An abstract should not be more than 300 words inclusive of title and keywords.
3. The essay should not be more than 3000 words (excluding footnotes).
4. Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
1. Font size shall be 12 points in Times New Roman.
2. 1.5 intercellular space/line spacing.
3. A footer numbering pages as “Page a of y” on right side of each page.
4. Footnote Size 10 points
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION ONLY
1. The participants should send the following the attachments via email only.
2. Essay in MS Word format with subject “Communicating Freedom Essay Writing Competition”
3. Cover page containing Name of participant, Nationality, address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class.
Essays should be sent only to firstname.lastname@example.org
1st Prize – Rs 4500
2nd Prize – Rs 3000
3rd Prize – Rs 1500
Consolation Prize – Rs 500
Last Date of Submission: 15th of August 2014 [Independence Day] 23:59 HRS
Declaration of Result: Result will be declared in the end of August.
Please refer to the official notification HERE.
Please refer to the Brochure HERE.