Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, New Delhi cordially invites you to the National Conference on Protection of Marginalised Groups in India to be held on April 01, 2017 in Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, AU Block, Pitampura, 110034.
This seminar aims at deliberating the serious issues involved and to share the
experience and suggestions of the stakeholders which can help, if implemented, in
elevation of the marginalized groups in the mainstream of the society.
Call for Papers
Well researched original research papers, case studies and survey reports are
invited from the academicians, practitioners, researchers, students and other
The broad themes are as follows:
- Uniform Civil Code: Need of the Hour
- Legalizing the Prostitution
- Protection to Indigenous People and traditional Knowledge
- Tribes and their Access to Forest Resources
- POCSO: Challenges and Expositions
- Protection of the Rights of the Elderly People
- Rights of Disabled
- Snags in implementing rights for Unorganised Workers
- Domestic Violence: Cruelty within Four Walls
- Denial of rights to Transgender
- Child Labour: Burden on Innocence
- Rights of Indigent people including under trials
- Commercialisation of Surrogacy
- Changing Facets of Juvenile Delinquency
- Right to Education: A Right in Abeyance
- Rehabilitation of Refugees
- Atrocities on Dalits
The above themes are only illustrative and participants may select
the related topics covered under them.
Guidelines for submission
Participants who intend to present their research papers are required to submit
the Abstract of their paper before March 10, 2017 through e-mail.
The word limit for abstract is 200 – 250 words.
The abstract should contain a brief profile of the author including e-mail ID, contact number and official address.
The word limit for Research Paper is 3000-5000 words (maximum) (excluding footnotes).
It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing.
Footnotes should follow uniform style of citation.
Abstracts & Research papers may be submitted to the Convener of the conference at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Fee for Teachers/ Professionals: Rs. 1,500
Registration for Students:
*Early Bird Payment: Rs. 1,000
**On the spot cash payment: Rs. 1,200
The scanned copy of the Demand Draft (DD)drawn in the name of ‘Vivekananda
Institute of Professional Studies’ payable at New Delhi must be sent by e-mail on
or before 15 March, 2017 alongwith the duly filled- in Registration Form.
Accommodation will be provided as per availability on the rates given below
(paid by the participants) for participants from outside NCR area only, on prior
Hotel Premier Inn Rs.3,500/
Hotel Sandberry Rs.2,500/
The organizers would extend the local hospitality and food for the delegates on
the day of the seminar.
- Last date for Abstract Submission: March 10, 2017
- Last date for Submission of Full papers: March 20, 2017
- Last date for sending Registration form & scanned copy of Demand Draft through email March 15, 2017.
- Notification for final list of papers: March 15, 2017.
- Final Schedule: March 25, 2017
Convener: Prof. Dr. Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, Professor (Law), VIPS, New Delhi,
Mob: 91 9911104791, email@example.com.
Co-Convener: Prof. Dr. Neeru Nakra,Professor (Law), VIPS, New Delhi
Mob.: +91 9313631127, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator: Gunjan Malhotra Ahuja Assistant- Professor (Law) VIPS, New Delhi
Mob.: +91 9871161055, email@example.com