The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is a premier institution of India. The faculty in the pursuit of academic excellence is organizing a National Seminar on “INDIAN CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM: EMERGING DIMENSIONS” on 12th November, 2016 in Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow.
Themes and Sub-Themes
I. Criminal Justice System & Victims
Criminal Justice System & Women as Victim
Criminal Justice System & Children & Old aged as Victims
Compensation to Victims
II. Criminal Justice System & Punishment
Juvenile Delinquency: Emerging Issues
Judicial Response to Punishment
Punishment of Fines & Rights of Prisoners
III. Crimes in Modern World & Forensic Investigations
Terrorist Activities and Organised Crimes
Communal Riots & Group Crimes
IV. Criminal Justice System & Trials and Investigations
Constitutional Governance & Criminal Justice System
Criminal Trials; Challenges and Headways
Trials & Human Rights of Under Trials
The Registration Fee for the seminar is Rs. 400 INR for students, Rs. 600 for Research scholars and Rs. 600 INR for Academicians and others. The expenditure incurred on account of seminar shall be borne by Faculty of Law so we are not in a position to provide lodging accommodation, however the local hospitality shall be provided.
The Faculty of Law is well connected to Airport and railway station by public transport.
Registration fees shall be deposited on the spot.
The venue of the seminar shall be New Campus, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow which is easily accessible from Airport and Charbagh Railway Station Lucknow.
Call for Papers
Academicians, lawyers, scholars and members of civil society are hereby invited to contribute papers for the National Seminar. The contributions may be forwarded in both soft and hard copies according to the schedule provided hereunder. However the prior registration would be necessary so as to ensure proper arrangement of the seminar as a whole.
The prospective participants are also expected to forward their itinerary well in advance. No TA/DA shall be provided by the University and therefore the participants should obtain the same from their respective institutions.
Soft copy of papers and abstract may kindly be forwarded to the following E-mail: email@example.com
1. Last date for submission of abstracts: 5th November, 2016
2. Last date for submission of papers: 10th November, 2016
1. The registered and selected participants only shall be allowed to present their paper in the seminar subject to submission of complete papers in due course of time. Papers received after stipulated deadline shall not be entertained for participation in seminar. Papers selected by the Editorial Committee shall be published in the form of Seminar Volume bearing ISBN No.
2. The papers should be developed and written in a symmetrical way responding to a theme of seminar. It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings. The paper should not be more than 5000 words. The abstract should not be more than 250 words.
The paper must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 on A4 size paper on MS word. The personal details of author must be given in paper. Harvard Blue Book must be referred for proper citation and acknowledgement. Submissions may be made in Hindi also in Kruti Dev 010 on MS Word.
3. On spot registration shall be done on the day of seminar. Selected and submitted abstracts shall be published in the souvenir of the seminar.
For further details, click HERE.