The Centre for Consumer Protection Law and Policy, NUALS is organising a National Seminar on the topic “Shifting Frontiers of Law of Medical Negligence in Consumer Protection Law” on 14th October 2014.
The seminar focuses mainly on the following themes:
1. Medical mishaps in India and the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and legal and ethical standards of medical care – Issues faced by consumers, medical professionals, hospitals and other stakeholders.
2. Factors affecting summariness of consumer fora proceedings – Challenges and issues.
3. Advisability of different standards of proof in consumer, civil and criminal proceedings related to medical negligence.
4. Frivolous and vexatious medical negligence proceedings – Need for safeguards including proposal for a medical tribunal or alternative medical bodies
1. Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to email@example.com
2. Each Article is expected to be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 500 words.
3. The word limit for articles is set at 3000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
4. Articles along with abstract must be submitted before 7th October 2014. Acceptance of articles shall be intimated within two days of receipt.
5. Submission must contain a covering letter indicating name of the author(s), institution, e-mail id & contact number.
6. By submitting an article, the author is presumed to undertake that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
7. Articles found plagiarized will be summarily rejected.
8. Co – authorship is allowed (maximum of 2 authors).
1. All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of citation.
2. Submissions must be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5
3. Footnotes must be in Times New Roman with font size 10 and line spacing 1.
4. Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
For further details or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
Hari S Nayar (Director-in-charge, CCPLaP) – +919447005981
Rohit Nandakumar (Student Coordinator, CCPLaP) – +919497305202
Download the original brochure HERE.