Centre for Continuing Legal Education and Extension, NUALS Kochi is organising National Seminar on “Secularism: Edifice in the Indian Context”
14th – 16th October, 2016
CALL FOR PAPERS
The organisers of the Seminar call upon the legal fraternity, academicians from law and other social science disciplines, research scholars, social activists, representatives of governmental and non-governmental organisations and students of relevant disciplines and other stakeholders to present their well-researched papers on any of the following themes at the seminar.
- Indian and Western Aspects of Secularism
- Interpretations of the term ‘Secularism’ by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India
- Religious Dimensions of Secularism
- Diverse political thoughts regarding Secularism
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
- An abstract not exceeding 500 words shall be submitted for consideration. The abstract shall provide for the scheme of the research paper.
- Research papers should apply research skills and must highlight specific research problem.
- Abstracts will be subjected to blind peer reviewed and only those abstracts approved by the reviewers shall be submitted as full paper for the purpose of presentation at the seminar.
- The final paper must contain cover page a brief profile of the authors with E-mail ID, Contact number and address for communication. The papers must follow a uniform format:
- Times New Roman, Font Size 12
- 1.5-line spacing
- Footnotes should follow 19th edition Blue Book standard of referencing. Font Size 10, single spacing.
- 1-inch margin throughout (left/right/top/bottom)
- No end notes allowed.
- Full paper –2000 words minimum excluding references and footnoting
- Co-authorship is permitted. Maximum of 2 Authors.
- All submissions shall be made online to email@example.com
- In all matters relating to the acceptance of the abstracts and the research papers, the decision of the Organizers shall be final and conclusive.
All submissions shall be made online to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Last Date for Submission of Abstracts
|| September 5th, 2016
|Communication of approved Abstracts
|| September 9th, 2016
|Last Date for Submission of Research Paper
|| September 25th, 2016
|Communication of approved Research Papers
|| September 30th, 2016
|Last Date for Registration
|| October 3rd, 2016
Professional Participants: Rs. 1500/-
Student Participants: Single Authorship: Rs 1000/- Co-Authorship Rs. 1750/-
Registration fee can be submitted during on-campus registration. The same will cover food, accommodation and conference materials on the day of the conference.
Winner – Cash Prize of Rs. 3,000.
Publication in the Book encapsulating the discussions at the Seminar + Certificate of Merit
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
Certificate of participation/paper presentation will be issued to those who participate/present their papers at the Seminar.
For any further information or clarifications, contact:
Chitransh Vijayvergia: +91 8824466257
Manu Sharma: +91 9650599814
Email Id: email@example.com