Papers are invited from students of law colleges/law schools and universities in connection with a seminar to be conducted by the Centre for Consumer Protection Law and Policy at The NUALS, Kochi during the last week of March 2014.
The topic of the seminar is “Equipping Consumer Dispute Redressal Agencies for the present and the future”.
The seminar focuses mainly on the following themes:
1. Quality of appointments and efficiency of fora
2. Changing definitions and dimensions of ‘consumer’
3. Complicated questions of law and fact vis-à-vis need for summary proceedings
4. Reliefs under the Consumer Protection Act – need for relook.
1. Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Each Article is expected to be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 500 words.
3. The word limit for articles is set at 3000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
4. Abstracts must be submitted on or before 17 March 2014 and articles must be submitted before 24 March 2014.
5. Submission must contain a covering letter indicating name of the author(s), institution, e-mail id & contact number.
6. By submitting an article, the author is presumed to undertake that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
7. Articles found plagiarised will be summarily rejected.
8. Co – authorship is allowed (maximum of 2 authors).
1. All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of citation.
2. Submissions must be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5
3. Footnotes must be in Times New Roman with font size 10 and line spacing 1.
4. Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
For further details or queries, please contact us at email@example.com or contact:
Hari S Nayar (Director-in-charge, CCPLaP) – +919447005981
Rohit Nandakumar (Student, NUALS) – +919497305202
Anand Upendran (Student, NUALS) – +919446661010