The NLUA LAW & POLICY REVIEW (NLUALPR), is peer reviewed Journal published bi-annually by the National Law University Assam, Guwahati.
It is a faculty run bi-annual Refereed Journal whose primary objective is to serve an important academic forum for legal scholarship.
The NLUALPR will promote reflective thinking by providing a socially relevant legal knowledge.
This review is an earnest attempt to provide an effective research tool by sparking scholastic conversation among a diverse group of academicians, judges, jurists, practitioners, students, activists, scholars and prominent thinkers.
The review will publish scholarly articles, comments on recent decisions by courts, short notes, legislative analysis and solicit reviews of latest books from renowned connoisseurs of law.
All submissions will undergo a rigorous editorial process devised to hone and strengthen tone and substance.
NLUA Assam welcomes contribution for the Second Volume of the NLUA Law & Policy Review 2015 from academicians, judges, jurists, practitioners, students, activists, scholars and prominent thinkers across the globe.
Categories for Submission
The Publication Committee of NLUA Law& Policy Review is inviting quality research papers from:
- Academicians and professionals (inter-disciplinary with law);
- Judges and Advocates;
- Research Scholars;
- Students, if the editorial board deems it fit to be an extraordinary scholastic work
“NLUA Law & Policy Review” which is a peer-reviewed journal edited by faculty members at the National Law University, Assam as well as by external reviewers.
Research paper should be thematic and identification of sub-themes will be highly appreciated.
It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings.
The submission can be sent under the following category
1. Research papers: Between 7000 and 10000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Papers in this category are expected to engage with the theme comprehensively, examine literature comprehensively and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
2. Notes/Comments: Between 3000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes. This section should include a thought provoking and innovative piece consisting chiefly of personal opinions and analysis.
3. Case/Report Comments: In between 2500- 3000 words, inclusive of footnotes. This part should entail an analysis of contemporary Indian or International judicial pronouncements relevant to the themes. It must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law.
4. Book/Reports Review: Word limit is 2000- 3000 for review of a book relevant to the themes. The review should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author and present a comprehensive analysis of the same.
Guidelines for Submissions
Submissions should be in Times New Roman, font of size 12 with 1.5 line spacing, justified text and 1 inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet. (page number)
Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font of size 10 with 1.0 line spacing. Endnotes are not allowed.
Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work.
Submission must be compatible with Microsoft Word.
Headings should follow the following standard
1. LEVEL 1 HEADING: All Capitals &Bold;
1.1. LEVEL 2 SUB-HEADING First Letter CAPITAL &BOLD;
1.1.1. Level 3 Sub-Sub-Heading: First Letter CAPITAL &BOLD &ITALIC; and
18.104.22.168. Level 4 Sub-Sub-Sub-Heading: Normal
Submissions must be emailed at [email protected] or [email protected] (preferably in .docx format) alongwith a covering letter addressed to Dr. Naresh Kumar Vats (Editor, NLUA Law Review Publication Committee 2015-2016).
The covering letter should include the author’s contact information and a short abstract (250-300 words) that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper.
- Authors shall be required to submit an author profile, post submission of 200 words before their contribution can be considered for publication.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Submitted entries must not have been sent for consideration at any other place for presentation or publication.
- Co-authorship is allowed. Maximum number of Co-author for a submission shall only be one.
- Authors should provide their contact details, designation and institutional affiliation in the covering letter for the submission.
- Footnotes must conform to the Standard Indian Legal Citation Manual (SILC), Rules of legal citation (Latest edition attached)
- Copyright of all entries shall exclusively vest with NLU ASSAM. The submission would imply that the author has assigned such rights to NLU ASSAM.
All submissions will go through an initial round of scrutiny and shortlisted contributors will be informed by March 15, 2016.
We are exploring the possibility of organizing a writers’ workshop if we receive a sufficient number of quality submissions.
Please note that we will make the final selection of contributions on the basis of comments received from external reviewers. We will expect the selected contributors to incorporate this feedback. We aim to publish this issue in May 2016. A hard copy of this issue as well as a letter of acknowledgement will be sent to each contributor.
The Last Date for the Submission : 22nd February, 2016
Composition of the NLUA Law & Policy Review Publication Committee